Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lancerdancer01

Ceravae burning

So I did the regimen a couple years ago and it did work rather well for me. Didn't clear me completely but improved. Instead of Dan's regimen I used ceravae based on reviews. Ceravae worked well for moisturization but would make my eyes burn after a few hours. It became untolerable, especially in the summer when I sweated. 

Now I figured it may have  been the bp mixed in there that caused the burning. However, i wan to start the regimen again so i tested the ceravae again wihout any bp and after a few hours my eyes were burning again. Has this happened to anyone else? What would be a good option to use instead of the ceravae?

What CeraVe product causes this for you? Is it their daytime lotion w/ SPF? I've gotten sunscreen in my eyes a number of times, and it does cause burning in them. You just have to be careful: do not apply the product near your eyes, and do not rub them. :)

It is just the regular cerave moisturizer. No SPF in it, not the pm one. I definitely don't put it around my eyes and don't think I am rubbing my eyes at all because I wear glasses. When I tried using it again last week I only put a little bit on my forehead and after 6 hours or so my eyes became irritated and had a slight burning feeling. It definitely was worse when I was using more amount of it and on a daily basis. 

When you sweat, the product may mix w/ your sweat and drip into your eyes. That's all I can think of. Try dabbing your forehead often enough so that your sweat doesn't have a chance to make contact w/ your eyes.

Well it was the CeraVe causing the burning. I switched to the acne.org moisturizer a few days ago and haven't had any burning in my eyes and my face has also been less red. Sucks that I couldn't tolerate the CeraVe but at least the acne.org seems to be working well at this time. 

Ceravee does do that. A few years ago I was on a regimen my dem put me on with clyndamicin and she gave me ceravee moisturizer and it actually burned my face really bad it stung throughout the day and i had scabbing on my cheeks. It went away after i switched moisturizer.