Notifications
Clear all

Neckline Cystic Acne Treatment

MemberMember
(@httr)

Posted : 04/08/2016 1:14 pm

I have read posts here off and on but thought I should sign up to share what I used to treat cystic acne along the back of my neck/hairline.

I had been a mild acne sufferer over the years on my face but nothing series. Over the last several years I went through small bouts of cystic acne along my neckline, but they would subdue on their own. Over a month ago several bumps developed in a cluster and they would wax and wane with some getting very swollen, red, and painful. I tried pretty much every kind of OTC topical spot treatment and wash but nothing seemed to affect them in the slightest.

I have been using a combination of epsom salt/colloidal oatmeal baths and a heating pad for a week and they have done wonders. I have also made a very conscious effort not to touch/pick at them however hard that may be. The cysts began to subside after the first soak and are almost completely gone now.

I have not been using any medicated spot treatment. I soak in a warm tub with the epsom salt and oatmeal added for about 30 min.Then I use a heating pad on my pillow for about 20 min before bed.

I've been using the Dr. Teal's epsom salt from Walmart and following the package instructions. For the oatmeal I've used both Dr. Teals and the Aveeno packets.When I shower I use an oil free acne wash applied gently (currently using Neutrogena, the one with SA in the pump bottle), but I was already doing this before.

In my opinion back only by anecdotal evidence, I think its the epsom salt and heating pad that is making the difference.

Maybe this will help someone else with the same problem. Not only is it working for me, it's also pretty relaxing.