Notifications
Clear all

BP doesn't work for my skin?

MemberMember
(@jakobs)

Posted : 04/08/2016 1:55 pm

Hello! So 2 weeks ago I decided to buy a 5% BP gel. I also changed my cleanser to  Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser after using another one with SA for around 2 years. I decided to change because I thought the combination of BP and SA would irretate my skin too much. 
After the first day of applying the BP i barely felt anything. The next day i started to feel a bit of a burning senastion and the third day my face was incredible flaky, red and burning. So i stopped for a day to let my face cool down and the next day applied it again. It felt ok but the day after it started to burn like crazy again. I've now only applied it every other day buy every day I use it it feels like my face is gonna melt of. I'm using a very very small smount aswell. But it still turns so red and making my cysts worse. Also i've gotten 5-6 new whiteheads and a few new cysts. I use alot of moisturizer 5 min after applying BP but its still super flaky aswell. My fave also feels very "tight" so it really hurts to eat and move my face. 
This can't be normal right after just applying this little? I have very sensitive skin which gets red and irretated easily so maybe BP doesn't work for me? Should I stop using it and go back to SA or try it for a few more weeks? It kinda feels like even if this will eventually work for my acne, it wouldn't be worth it due to the pain I'm going through. I'm very thankful for any thought! :)

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 04/08/2016 2:49 pm

Redness, burning and flaking is quite common in the first week of using BP You might want to try BP 2.5% it is just as effective as 5% without the extra irritation and flaking.

DeLovely liked