Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne

MemberMember
(@ranoffondaplug3wice)

Posted : 04/05/2016 4:35 pm

image.thumb.jpeg.39e8f127d15520c42a0762dimage.thumb.jpeg.194d0a8e0905ac1d25d9d3aimage.thumb.jpeg.4dc3af8a1bd397b2d396c28image.thumb.jpeg.be898f36dd7dec1029a11eeSo I just turned 18 and a female. I had clear skin for a while thinking that it was permanent which it's not. My acne won't go away it just continues to worse . I already thought I went through phases like puberty or such . Obviously my body doesn't stop growing till possibly 21. I useto have severe acne in gr 9&10. I started eating really good and exercising. My sister showed me this website a few years ago and I got the skin regime that I followed along with benzoyl peroxide prescribed by a dermatologist. My acne went away. Just last summer it started coming randomly. I thought maybe it was just some kind of hormone stuff like usually around my period. It just kept getting worse. I tried almost everything, and I'm just really not trying to touch my face because the last thing I want on top of this acne are scars. I'm drinking ALOT of water , getting enough sleep , exercising, keeping pillowcases changed weekly. I just don't know what to do. Someone told me apple cider vinegar but my face is kinda raw due to the acne so I don't want to get it worsened. Someone told me maybe it's an allergy but I can't think of what. Couldn't be spices or anything I usually eat healthy and not the same thing constantly to get so much acne. It looks like it's getting better than it just comes back it's ridiculous. Who has advice and please not something I probably know -.- but seriously if you been through teenage acne phases please help a girl out. I can't wear makeup or anything and it makes my confidence drown. It looks worse in person and it itches . My skin useto be so dry and that useto breakout my skin. Now I try a light moisturizer because if I don't it will be ashy n hurt n peel... Oh man

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/05/2016 9:39 pm

You can always try OTC acne medicines with benzoyl peroxide (up to 2.5% concentration) and washes or cleansing pads with salicylic acid (I think Acne.org has some nice OTC regimen available on this site), but looking at your acne I think you need to see a dermatologist ASAP for real exam and detailed history.
I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/06/2016 6:08 am

What is your current routine? And what OTC/prescription medicines and products have you tried?

Personally I'd stay clear of the Apple cider vinegar... in all honesty I'm very doubtful that these home-remedies do any good. It's better to stick to products specifically designed for acne. BP, retinoids, salycylic acid, washes, wipes, etc.

Also... your acne is not the worst I have seen (or personally experienced) so try not to beat yourself up too much. It will get better, sending hugs your way.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/06/2016 7:43 am

9 hours ago, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

You can always try OTC acne medicines with benzoyl peroxide (up to 2.5% concentration) and washes or cleansing pads with salicylic acid (I think Acne.org has some nice OTC regimen available on this site), but looking at your acne I think you need to see a dermatologist ASAP for real exam and detailed history.
I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise  

Agreed with Vise! A derm will likely recommend a course of antibiotics to calm things down, and a retinoid to open up your pores and purge the blackheads. You'll also want to include 2.5% BP in the treatment plan. This plus antibiotics will tackle acne bacteria both inside and out. And agreed with Lore, home remedies will probably not help very much, these do not kill acne bacteria or prevent new breakouts from occurring. Don't wait! I made the mistake of waiting till I was severe before seeking professional help. Your skin isn't too bad right now and with a good treatment plan should clear up beautifully. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@ranoffondaplug3wice)

Posted : 04/09/2016 10:32 pm

On April 6, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Lore91 said:

What is your current routine? And what OTC/prescription medicines and products have you tried?

Personally I'd stay clear of the Apple cider vinegar... in all honesty I'm very doubtful that these home-remedies do any good. It's better to stick to products specifically designed for acne. BP, retinoids, salycylic acid, washes, wipes, etc.

Also... your acne is not the worst I have seen (or personally experienced) so try not to beat yourself up too much. It will get better, sending hugs your way.

I have tried benzoyl peroxide in 2.5 and 10% before and when I did use it , it worked but started over drying my face and cracking my skin... It was horrible. I started using a garnier pure control line exfo -brush, it did clear up a bit but considering it was exfoliating did no permanent good. Now I'm trying a gentle cleanser twice a day so I don't over wash my face along with moisturizing after both washes. I usually let my face dry for about 10-20 minutes before applying. The wash is called Cliniderm and the moturizer is a brand called Glaxal Base . maybe I should incorporate benzoyl peroxide back into my routine?

On April 6, 2016 at 8:43 AM, DeLovely said:
Agreed with Vise! A derm will likely recommend a course of antibiotics to calm things down, and a retinoid to open up your pores and purge the blackheads. You'll also want to include 2.5% BP in the treatment plan. This plus antibiotics will tackle acne bacteria both inside and out. And agreed with Lore, home remedies will probably not help very much, these do not kill acne bacteria or prevent new breakouts from occurring. Don't wait! I made the mistake of waiting till I was severe before seeking professional help. Your skin isn't too bad right now and with a good treatment plan should clear up beautifully. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Yeah I'm convinced it's something more serious than what I'm assuming it to be, I should seek professional help. Everytime it disappears it re appears and I see tiny bumps under my skin , then it's like they become red after the set on my face disappears and they take its place. whatever I end up doing I will update incase somebody out there feels as helpless as I do at this point. Thanks for all the support everyone, I need it ;(

DeLovely liked