Notifications
Clear all

Which dermastamp to buy?

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 03/24/2016 7:28 am

I am looking to purchase a dermastamp but the process of finding one that I have 100% confidence in its quality is proving more difficult than I anticipated. There are quite a few available but do you have any tips on which ones are the best on the market?

The criteria I have based on recommendations I have read is to go for one that has a needle thickness of no greater than 0.3mm (preferably 0.25 or 0.15)

The number of needles each stamp hasseems to vary. Which is better - less or more?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 04/10/2016 7:08 am

Same with me Paul B, looking for a quality derma stamp as all I can find are cheap ones, maybe those are good, but they don't specify the thickness og the needle so I'm unsure wether to buy.

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 04/10/2016 8:59 am

Owndoc

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/11/2016 5:16 am

20 hours ago, Rdnhey said:

Owndoc

Do you say that for any other reason than you know that's where you can get one from?

What makes Owndoc ones better than the rest? Have you had success with one? Which one have you used and what for? Please elaborate...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/11/2016 9:36 am

Owndoc has a lot of reputation. But Ebay has good ones too. If you want to take needling to the next level, I suggest you invest in a Derminator. Good luck

Rdnhey liked
MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 04/11/2016 9:50 am

4 hours ago, Paul B said:
Do you say that for any other reason than you know that's where you can get one from?

What makes Owndoc ones better than the rest? Have you had success with one? Which one have you used and what for? Please elaborate...

I have taken stamps 1,5 mm 12 needles. Nice tools. Now I m going to get a derminator. If u want needling derminator is a must have. Topical and suction pump are good as well. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:15 am

Thanks for your replies Robertitoo & Rdnhey. Much appreciated.

Speaking of eBay, I ended up buying one of these so I don't know if you think it's any good or not. [Link removed]

Will opt for OwnDoc in future though if you think it's substantially better. I'm unclear on how many needles per stamp are best and how many times you should stamp etc.

So, the Derminator - it is essentially an electronic dermastamp? Would you be able to outline its key benefits for me? Other than doing most of the work for us of course...

Rdnhey, what topical would you recommend? I have heard about suctioning being used after subcisions and wondered about doing the same after needling as well so apparently that is not a bad idea? Which suction devices would you recommend? OwnDoc's again?

Many thanks! I only wish I had received these responses a few days ago as I have quite possibly bought the wrong thing.

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:56 am

On 4/11/2016 at 11:15 AM, Paul B said:

Thanks for your replies Robertitoo & Rdnhey. Much appreciated.

Speaking of eBay, I ended up buying one of these so I don't know if you think it's any good or not. [Link removed]

Will opt for OwnDoc in future though if you think it's substantially better. I'm unclear on how many needles per stamp are best and how many times you should stamp etc.

So, the Derminator - it is essentially an electronic dermastamp? Would you be able to outline its key benefits for me? Other than doing most of the work for us of course...

Rdnhey, what topical would you recommend? I have heard about suctioning being used after subcisions and wondered about doing the same after needling as well so apparently that is not a bad idea? Which suction devices would you recommend? OwnDoc's again?

Many thanks! I only wish I had received these responses a few days ago as I have quite possibly bought the wrong thing.

I have been needling plus suctioning for about 4-5 months every 5 weeks. Too early to see smth relevant, maybe a slight improvement. Next month is the last one and in June I m going for a subcision plus filler. After that I will take a summer break. Yeah owndoc's again. Topical? The usual things: cp, Vit c, retinol ecc ecc there are a lots of topics here

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/14/2016 11:14 am

As there are dermastamps available with 12 needles and 35 needles, I am wondering how one should determine which one to use?

Also, am I right in saying the Derminator only has 9 needles? I can see a picture of the bag the derminator needles come in which seems to suggest that 1/3/7/9/12/36 needles are available. However, I can only seem to find single needles and replacement 9 needle cartridges available on the OwnDoc shop...

How soon do you apply things like vitamin C after stamping? If I understand the OwnDoc instructions correctly, they recommend applying it for 4 days leading up to when you plan on rolling/stamping and then resume application a day or two after you have actually needled the skin. Apparently the vit C serum stays absored for quite some time so I'm not sure that everyday application is necessary. Maybe every other day or less?

Thanks for your help.

MemberMember
(@michellex03)

Posted : 04/14/2016 9:08 pm

Hi! I have heard great reviews from Banish Kit. They have a dermaroller as well as a dermastamp of which you are looking for. I suggest taking a look at their website. I wish I can tell you fromm personal experience of how it is but I am thinking about buying it.. i am still just researching about it since I just learned about it.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/15/2016 4:30 am

Thanks for the well wishes, Michelle.

IfRdnhey,Robertitoo or anyone else who has had experience with dermastamping / skin needling can answer my queries above though it would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 11/23/2017 3:19 pm

On 4/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, Rdnhey said:
On 4/11/2016 at 6:16 PM, Paul B said:

I have taken stamps 1,5 mm 12 needles. Nice tools. Now I m going to get a derminator. If u want needling derminator is a must have. Topical and suction pump are good as well. Good luck!

Hi can youshare with me your reviews on owndoc/deminator or whatever brand you are using now?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/23/2017 3:29 pm

@toto1993Tons of us use the derminator here. It's the best thing for the price point and build quality. You can wipe it down. Uses replaceable parts... Dermapen sucks and basically uses vibrator parts. It's derminator dot com. I make no money by telling you this, just offering you a tool, if there was something better I'd offer that. If you want to be cheap just get a 1.5mm dermastamp (manunal).

Look at the faq - tops of the acne scar sub, goto the microneedling area, and click the derminator link.

MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 11/24/2017 3:00 am

hi @beautifulambition, i tried to enter their website. derminator.com but i got this msg. I was wondering it is becos i am from singapore hence i cant enter this site or is derminator.com out of business for some time? could u pls try to enter this website and let me know?

This site cant be reached

derminator.coms serverDNS addresscould not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 11/24/2017 3:16 am

@beautifulambitioni realised owndoc.com is also inaccessible. Have the companies all closed down?? if so where is the 2n best place to buy an electric dermastamp? or anyone in this forum can help me?

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/24/2017 7:06 am

Both sites work just fine for me. Try using another browser, or if that doesn't work, a VPN.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/24/2017 7:43 am

@toto1993You probably live in a country which she has banned to sell to because of bad prior experiences. They block certain countries with their firewall. Buy it on ebay internationally or have a shipping forwarder service that mails it to you in your country handle the transaction. She is in Europe. VPN would help you see it but she will see your CC billing address.

BA

MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 11/24/2017 3:11 pm

@arte90
are you acessing from Singapore? if so , what browser are u using?

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/24/2017 4:31 pm

1 hour ago, toto1993 said:
@arte90
are you acessing from Singapore? if so , what browser are u using?

No, I'm not accessing from Singapore.

MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 11/25/2017 12:25 am

@beautifulambition@arte90 thanks guys! i managed to buy a Derminator by changing my ip address. Cant wait to start microneedling!!!! any advice?

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/25/2017 12:34 am

Start with a low needle depth, and work your way up over many months depending on how your skin reacts.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/25/2017 11:20 am

@toto1993Please read the full thread linked in the FAQ - top of the acne scar sub, goto microneedling, and derminator link

BA

MemberMember
(@bluesmile86)

Posted : 02/25/2018 2:06 pm

noted