Notifications
Clear all

Hyaluronic Acid in Inflammation and Tissue Regeneration.(New Study)

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/21/2016 4:27 am

http://www.woundsresearch.com/article/hyaluronic-acid-inflammation-and-tissue-regeneration

"Hyaluronic acid is present through all steps of the wound healing process not only as a component of the wound environment, but as a factor that actively modulates tissue regeneration. Along with studies that revealed the unique properties of HA, some attempts have been made to apply it in clinical practice, especially in chronic wound treatment. Extensive literature can be found concerning exogenous applications of HA to wounds. Various HA sources, formulations, and delivery systems have been used in clinical trials.73A rich natural source of HA are fetal membranes, especially the jelly substance from the umbilical cord and the amnion. The amniotic membrane has been used in traditional medicine, and also in the form of a commercially available dressing in wound treatment.72Studies have revealed the amniotic membrane, even after various processing and preservation procedures, contains high amounts of HMWHA. This component of the amnion is one of the factors responsible for its beneficial actions observed in chronic wound therapy.74An effective wound healing therapy remains one of the greatest challenges of modern clinical medicine. Hyaluronic acid as a biologically active molecule that regulates tissue repair process on multiple levels should be considered as a safe and effective option to be used in skin repair."

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 03/21/2016 9:12 am

Interesting! I actually ordered myself HA a few days ago, and I'm excited to see if my scars would improve...