Notifications
Clear all

Ayyyyyyyyy Scars ain't what I'm about lmao

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 03/06/2016 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

Was wondering when your Post Inflammatory Erythema faded? These are the red marks you get after acne/trauma and will disappear when they are pressed and then come back when they aren't being pressed, so annoying man!

(Victims of PIH are normally people with darker complexions and the marks are usually brown and PIE is red/purple)

Just wanted some more information, there's a dude on here called 'bio_nerd' and he has loads of information about it on his profile but he hasn't been active since 2010, 6 years ago? Damn son.

Replying would mean the world and pictures are always welcome! Let's get this chat goingggggggggggg because everyone be thinkin they have PIH when really it's PIE

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 03/31/2016 3:19 am

show us some pics bruh

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 03/31/2016 9:32 am

AYY lmao this happens to me all the time, I have never had a spot that didn't result in PIE (I always thought it was PIH but mine is def red/purple). These usually last a week or 2 and have never stayed for more than a couple months (for REALLY bad spots I picked at). What has helped with healing these twice as fast or even faster is diaper rash cream with 40% zinc oxide. I apply it every night and get results every morning. It is very soothing and healing and lightens up the spot really fast!!

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/01/2016 9:19 am

SO I have been thinking about this thread like crazy! I did some research and 2 dermatologists have suggested 1% hydrocortisone on the spots every time after you wash. Also I have read about pulsed dye/IPL lasers helping, which is a big no for me cause I'm on accutane, and also silicone sheets. I am hesitant to try out the silicone sheets cause of how fragile my skin is, so I am personally using cortisone right now and will report back my results if anyone wants to know!

https://www.realself.com/question/post-inflamatory-erythema-post-inflamatory-hyperpigmentation
https://www.realself.com/question/medication-heals-post-acne-redness-the
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/307327-hydrocortisone-cream/

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 04/01/2016 6:35 pm

Hey there, 

Thanks for your replies guys and yeah I used the silicone sheets for a little while but didn't really stick to it because they were far too sticky and when I would take them off they'd leave a big fat red mark off where the sheet was and makeup wouldn't even hide it, my boyfriend said it looked like I had god damn pepperoni on my face, I've tried to make them less sticky but it still doesn't do much.

Ive done a lot of research and I've heard of that cream but never really knew what it did. Does it shrink the blood vessels? It's hard to believe that a cream can penitrate so deep that it makes blood vessels smaller and is it permenant like the Pulsed Dye laser would be? I am looking into laser but it's too expensive. And I was also on Accutane a while back so I feel for you! 

Ive attached photo, pretty gross I know but I really do want to get rid of the damn blood vessels :( image.thumb.jpeg.480b4a7601214eb6e1afe06

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/01/2016 8:08 pm

Oh its so similar to mine, seriously. That's probably frustrating cause you have clear skin and just the PiE!! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the lil silicone sheets. Even a small bandaid gives me a red mark or reaction erghhh.

So I have been using the hydrocortisone ointment (1%) for about 2 days and it has dramatically lightened up. I think the medical reasoning it works is because it reduces the inflammation ~ less blood flow to the skin ~ gives the blood vessels time to shrink/repair. Def not an overnight fix but I really think it's been helping. That's also why you can't use hyrdocortisone for long term, cause the lack of blood flow thins the skin!

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 04/05/2016 5:13 pm

So would you recommend it? What brand are you using? I'm quite interested now but I've done some research and everyone says not to put it on your face which is quite scary!
Please be safe.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/05/2016 5:20 pm

Vbeam Perfecta

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/05/2016 6:46 pm

1 hour ago, Lyd989898 said:

So would you recommend it? What brand are you using? I'm quite interested now but I've done some research and everyone says not to put it on your face which is quite scary! 
Please be safe. 

So the mark is almost gone now, but I only used the cortisone for about 3 nights :) Def reccomend! The mark was the size of like a penny and haunted me, now its barely noticeable and its actually only a week old. That's fast for me! BUT my real trick is diaper cream with 40% zinc oxide the minute any trauma happens to my skin. By night the redness is down 50%. Great option for super sensitive skin like mine (I'm on accutane). 

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 04/14/2016 7:39 am

On 05/04/2016 at 0:46 AM, TaneBabe said:
So the mark is almost gone now, but I only used the cortisone for about 3 nights :) Def reccomend! The mark was the size of like a penny and haunted me, now its barely noticeable and its actually only a week old. That's fast for me! BUT my real trick is diaper cream with 40% zinc oxide the minute any trauma happens to my skin. By night the redness is down 50%. Great option for super sensitive skin like mine (I'm on accutane). 

That's awesome, I'm super happy for you! I'm actually really considering trying this once my skin heals a bit more because I did only just come off Accutane in January so it hasn't been too long since - I hope your skin keeps improving! I'll add a recent photo of my red marks in a minute just to give you an idea of what I'm working with currently! 😀

These are my most recent skin photos - one with flash and one without in natural lighting.image.thumb.jpeg.137bdd98fdaaccf0debeb8cimage.thumb.jpeg.aafa4df9e5feee461531662

TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/16/2016 6:54 am

On 4/14/2016 at 7:39 AM, 989898L said:
That's awesome, I'm super happy for you! I'm actually really considering trying this once my skin heals a bit more because I did only just come off Accutane in January so it hasn't been too long since - I hope your skin keeps improving! I'll add a recent photo of my red marks in a minute just to give you an idea of what I'm working with currently! :D

These are my most recent skin photos - one with flash and one without in natural lighting.image.thumb.jpeg.137bdd98fdaaccf0debeb8cimage.thumb.jpeg.aafa4df9e5feee461531662

They look like they have improved! Sometimes all it really needs it time. I just started accutane one month ago and it's been a little rough but I have found cortisone to be useful for healing spots, and my derm actually recommended it. I'm always here if ya need me! 

MemberMember
(@slayee)

Posted : 07/31/2017 12:12 pm

Ok, ive got a question. If you push with your tongue ffrom under the scars can you see tiny veins, almost dots?

if you can answer me, you will make my day