Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne Scarring- Where to Start?

MemberMember
(@cfralic)

Posted : 03/04/2016 9:55 am

I've had genetic/hormonal acne for most of my life, on and off. I took Accutane over ten years ago and it worked to mostly clear my skin, but unfortunately over the past couple of years I've been going through some emotional trauma and my skin reverted to breakouts. Going back on the birth control pill helped a lot to fix the breakouts, but now I have scarring on my cheeks from fairly recent large cysts. I'm just wondering what my options are, or if I have any for these types of scars. 

I've got an appointment with a dermatologist next week as well but if there is anything I can do cheaply/at home, I'd love to supplement that. I'm in uni so my pockets aren't exactly deep- but my career path involves superficial things and I definitely need to work on these scars in order to further myself.

Please help :) <3

IMG_8071.jpg

MemberMember
(@fazix)

Posted : 03/15/2016 12:34 am

From the photo your scars are not very noticeable at all. I can't tell if it is actually severe scarring because the photo is from too far away.

Closer up photos in harsh angled lighting would help me give advice on treatment (based on types of scars, severity, etc).

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 03/15/2016 4:33 am

Hello Cfralic!

I used to be a big poster here while I was going through my most intensive treatments. I agree with Fazix in that we can't really see your scars in that photo. If you're comfortable in posting a close-up, under the harshest lighting (or the lighting you think makes you look the worst) then we might be able to give you some pointers.

For me, I have had lots done. I won't bore you with the details, but I can tell you it's been a long journey but well worth it. I am 3 days post Dermaroller session as I'm typing, and have been getting this done for the past three years. I actually stopped posting on this site after I noticed a massive change in my scarring, from this treatment type.

I've been wanting to get back on here and help others, if I can. So feel free to shoot me a PM if you like, or simply reply here!

P.S. love your hair colour!