Notifications
Clear all

I was stupid after doing a microneedling

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 03/04/2016 10:14 pm

Hey guys,

I did something incredibly stupid recently. I am beating myself up pretty bad from it. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I had a microneedling session. It was on a friday. And for some reason, i have no clue what posessed me to do this, I went to the tanning bed that sunday. Any I feel like since I did that, it created massive scarring for me. Scars that were not there before. I asked several people about this, and they all said they have not noticed it being any different. So I dont know if im just being paranoid or not. DO you guys know if thats possible? for scarring to get way worse if you go to a tanning bed after getting a microneedling session done? Again, I know it was such a stupid thing for me to do :(. Ill post the best before and after pictures i can. Also, if its not possible to create more scars, what damage could I have caused from doing that. The only thing I read online that may have been possible is hypopigmentation as a result. IMG_2572.thumb.PNG.6512fa0cb228889400250this is before

IMG_2573.thumb.PNG.72f278e230ab091395518before

IMG_2617.thumb.JPG.eb5426bbc912883062830After

IMG_2621.thumb.JPG.d526e586f2299799e8fd0After

Any useful responses will be very appreciated guys. I see my dermatologist back in a few weeks. Ill proably mention my stupidity to her, but i am pretty scared. So what do you guys think? I have no clue if i being paranoid. But I honestly feel like they got 10x worse. ugh. 

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 03/06/2016 7:48 pm

anyone? 🙁

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/06/2016 9:11 pm

Deleted

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 03/13/2016 10:20 pm

It looks the same to me...and not bad for what it's worth. Tanning after micro needling probably wasn't the best thing to do but it wouldn't have caused more scarring. I don't believe that's physically possible. It might have darkened up some scars but that's about it. The sun is particularly bad for the first 6 months (approx) after you get a new scar mainly because it can make it permanently darker. But it doesn't cause more indented scarring. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 03/15/2016 6:06 pm

On 3/14/2016 at 11:20 PM, FreshStart2014 said:

It looks the same to me...and not bad for what it's worth. Tanning after micro needling probably wasn't the best thing to do but it wouldn't have caused more scarring. I don't believe that's physically possible. It might have darkened up some scars but that's about it. The sun is particularly bad for the first 6 months (approx) after you get a new scar mainly because it can make it permanently darker. But it doesn't cause more indented scarring. Good luck!

Really? you dont think so? I was thinking that as well. Doesn't seem like it could be possible. I go see my dermatologist tomorrow and let her know what i did :(. I definitly will NOT be doing that again though.

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 03/16/2016 12:08 pm

This happened to me, didnt wear sunblock after having a microneedling session. It made my face brown and red for months aha. Seriously, do not use hydroquinone its very harsh to the skin.