Notifications
Clear all

Face covered with clogged pores, pimples develop on hairline, jawline and cheeks after using Grape Seed Oil

MemberMember
(@cutebloossom)

Posted : 02/24/2016 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

I have been dealing with this problem for months now ever since using Grapeseed oil. I always have acne prone skin prone to clogged pores, however i went clear after pregnancy and treating them using just carrot health soap and .25% tretinoin liquid. I get a few spots here and there prior to my menstruation but not the clogged pores on my forehead cheeks and chin have subsided. After using grapeseed oil last September, my face was a mess. I though it was purging, but the clogged pores just come one form another until it actually turned me back to my old skin which was oily, and covered my face with whiteheads and blackheads. I have been very depressed and I wish I never heard of grapeseed oil to make skin flawless. But I was wrong. I went to a dermatologist and prescribed me .05 tretinoin , a mild cleanser and a moisturizer (which I had to take note I think was too oily and heavy for my super sensitive skin). After 4 months of using the tretinoin she prescribed unfortunately it only gave me bigger pores on my cheeks, more breakouts and super dry and flaky skin which in turn made my skin very very oily by the end of the day and I get more clogged pores, whiteheads and pimples on my cheeks. So, I stopped everything, and went back to using carrot soap, however it turns out that carrot soap is purging my skin (since it has beta carotene which is a precursor of vitamin a). And still I am having very oily skin by the end of the day that causes more pimples every evening to bulge especially the clogged pores whiteheads on my forehead. Some of them i try to squeeze some of them i leave alone. But I am convinced that carrot soap is no longer working for me. I have more pimples coming out from my chin, hairline and jawline. and more whiteheads on my forehead and cheeks. So, I would like to ask help from everyone how to deal with this terrible nightmare. I have been really frustrated and stressed regarding my acne coming back. Also to no note I have been using exluton pills for years which is progesterone only pill and without causing any problems with my acne since I went clear the past few years until now that I recently used that oil which caused me the problem. I am actually suspecting my acne is hormonal since I am 26 years old? Would there be a need to consult my ob gyn and check my hormones. ? Might be there might be some changes after years of taking the mini pill.Also to note, during my years of having clear skin, i do not wear any makeup to avoid pore clogging nor any powder. Any suggestions would be really much appreciated. Really heartbreaking and im getting more and more depressed each day and even cry since I dont know what to do with my face anymore. Thank you

MemberMember
(@thelastofus)

Posted : 04/03/2016 6:07 pm

Clogged pores are very tough to get rid of. It probably is your hormones. I have acne problems from my hormones and will probably have to deal with it until im 40. I had inflamed acne when I was 17-18 and went on accutane, which cleared me up for five years and then it was like an on switch happened and i could fell my acne come back. But it came back in the form of clogged pores that eventually covered every spot of my face. I told my doctor i wanted to go back on accutane, and after completing my second round of accutane at age 24 my face improved tremendously. My clogged pore extracter set really helped as well. I know accutane gets a bad rap but it worked wondered for me with my clogged pores.

Three things cause acne of any type: Hormones, Genetics, and Stress.

MemberMember
(@cutebloossom)

Posted : 10/29/2016 6:10 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I just read this. For now I am still using carrot soap and it seem to be able clear up the whiteheads on my forehead. Although my cheeks still have a lot of whiteheads =( . And yes I think it is due to hormones and stress. I could get inflamed pimples on my chin and hairline. Also I have been a lot stressful recently and always been sleeping late due to work. My skin is just sensitive that I believe no product is working whatever I put on. Would you suggest that I visit my OB to have my hormones check? And maybe she can prescribe a better pill for me.?

MemberMember
(@tjz00)

Posted : 01/31/2018 1:51 pm

Hi, I know this post is really old, but I wanted to ask if your skin has gotten better? I recently decided to pursue the OCM. However, the same thing happened to me. I have acne all along my jawline, clogged pores on the T zone, and my skin is just a complete mess. I have never broken out like this before. If your skin is better, which I am hoping it is, what did you do to overcome this? Thanks!