Notifications
Clear all

Accutane update w/ pictures! 3 weeks

MemberMember
(@olive16)

Posted : 02/11/2016 1:32 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to post a 3 week update on my Accutane (Zenatane) journey if anyone is interested.
I started 60mg/day on 1/21/16.
I'm pleased to say that the results are already looking pretty great!
I posted some pictures of the day I started and then on each week so you can see the progression.
I barely experienced any symptoms or had much of an initial breakout which is lovely. Does anyone know if I could still experience an initial breakout or if that time period has passed?
The only symptoms I have experienced are dry lips and skin. Just the other day the corner of my lips cracked so I ordered Dr. Dan's cortibalm online because I've heard nothing but great things from that stuff. I also had rib/chest pain for a few days during the first week, probably while my body was getting used to the stuff. But it's barely noticeable anymore. My neck hurts sometimes slightly but not bad enough to really get to me.
I think that's it :)
Let me know what you all think and feel free to share your experiences or message me questions!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@rachael1610)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:46 am

all your active acne is gone then, just red marks. I have red marks left on my skin and they are a hell of a lot easier to manage than painful acne. I hope it keeps improving for you.

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 02/11/2016 10:41 am

That's crazy fast results

MemberMember
(@olive16)

Posted : 02/11/2016 8:30 pm

I know! I'm really excited. I thought for sure I'd get a bad initial breakout because with my skin I've always been soo unlucky. I mean this is 11 years of acne at this point where nothing ever worked. That's half my life! But even the scars are fading :) For me at least, Accutane is definitely a miracle.

MemberMember
(@olive16)

Posted : 04/25/2016 2:11 am

Now I'm at 3 months and here is the progress!!!  Definitely have more side effects now.  Just recently my back has started killing me and it's steadily getting stronger. There's a constant muscle ache all along my spine and my spine cracks and grinds when I turn or move my neck. It's quite unpleasant, especially trying to find a cozy position to do school work in and also working on my feet all day. I think I'm getting more headaches as well but not sure that's related. I'm also completely exhausted but again not sure if that's related. My LIPS. My gosh they're awful- SO dry and peelng and cracking.  I've got people commenting on how I should see a doctor about it because it looks so painful.  It's still completely worth it to me but I definitely can't wait till it's over!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

gman2 liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 04/25/2016 7:56 am

Wow, your skin is looking SO good!! In the pics it barely looks like you even had acne, it just looks like redness as if you were in the sun too long or something. Happy for you. :) 

Olive16 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/25/2016 8:07 am

Wow. You look fantastic. What is your skincare routine in the am and pm?

Olive16 liked
MemberMember
(@olive16)

Posted : 04/25/2016 11:36 am

Thank you everyone! ^_^ I just want to say that while hearing the positive feedback is nice, I'm not posting these for compliments. (I know my skin still has improving to do anyway.) I just want people to know and see that Accutane really does work, since there are so many horror stories out there. The side effects can be very rough but usually it's normal and doesn't last!

Anyway, my routine:
At night I take off all my makeup with CeraVe face wash. I actually use the kind for oily skin because it works much better. Then, I use a gentle exfoiliant because that helps get off the dead skin shedding from the dryness. After this, I just put on Neutrogena Hydro-boost water gel for very dry skin. LOVE this stuff. If I have dry patches, I put Aquaphor healing ointment on them after the lotion. This stuff works amazingly. Finally I put Dr. Dan's Cortibalm on my lips and go to sleep. In the morning, I repeat the same process MINUS the exfoliant, and the Aquaphor healing ointment since it's like Vaseline and makeup will not go over it too well unless you do a very thin layer. To me it just feels gross though! As for foundation I use It Cosmetics ByeBye Foundation. It's more like a tinted moisturizer with decent coverage and SPF 50 so it's very hydrating and smells pretty good! I'll then put on Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask over the Cortibalm. I also take 2 fish oil and 1 calcium/vitamin D3 capsules to help with joint stiffness and bone pain. I then take biotin gummies for hair skin and nails :) I got away from taking my vitamins for about a month (because I'm not somebody who goes all out like this so it was hard to keep up with for me haha). I actually noticed a huge difference in how I felt so now I'm taking them again!

This was way longer than I thought it would be so I hope it helps lol! <3