Notifications
Clear all

Autohemotherapy??

MemberMember
(@herolady)

Posted : 02/09/2016 5:50 pm

Hi, I'm a brand new poster on this website, so please excuse me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'll start off by saying that I have gone to two different dermatologists, tried everything from over the counter products (literally every single acne topical that claims to clear skin), online products (proactive, acnefree, etc.), prescription products (Tazorac, epiduo, epiduo fote, etc.), antibiotics, birth control, and to even supplements that claim to clear acne as well (yes, I tried that nasty Murad dietary pure skin clarifying supplements, not worth the cost btw). All because I have acne. I believe I have severe back acne, and "moderate" facial and chest acne (I say "moderate" because, to the eye, it's moderate, nonexistent almost, except for some dark spots and pimples here and there. However, there are a LOT of blackheads, bumps with no puss, whiteheads, and oil if examined closely.). None of these creams, treatments, supplements, whatever, worked.

Now, because of what I've done and none of them clearing my skin, my new dermatologist suggests me to go on Accutane (she also says I have 4 different types of resistant acne?). I've read articles and articles about it, watched too many videos to count on it, and got the pamphlet and booklet on the deadly miracle. I know the side effects and even read about the proclaimed long-term side effects. Now, I've done the bloodwork, birth control visits, etc. and I only have to wait for 30 days now, but all of these side effects (and proclaimed long-terms) still haunt me and leave me not wanting to do it, thinking, "is it really worth this? There must be some better alternative." So, with that in mind, I set out to look for alternatives, and this is where the point of my post comes in.

I need advice. After I scavaged for alternatives, I've come to one called autohemotherapy or immunotherapy. Basically, this is when a certain amount of your own blood is taken out from you and then put back into you in either your upper outer arm, or buttocks (in a muscle, basically). Apparently, this will build up the immune system to recognize its impurities and to fight them off, a natural and healthier way to get rid of acne, and also for other things like cancer and allergies. I've seen tons of posts on this practice for cancer and allergies, but not really for acne. The only things I've come across was this Brazilian doctor(who is supposedly being chased down due to autohemotherapy being illegal in Brazil) talking about how he apparently cured some girl with severe acne by doing this, and some of these random posts .Not enough praises like Accutane, but certainly not nearly the same amount of negative commentary like Accutane either.

So, I'm here asking for advice on what to do. Take Accutane and risk my health (because, frankly, I don't really believe that after a month it comes out of your system) or do the autohemotherapy and possibly waste my time and money once again? Also, I have to choose wiselybecause, due to certain circumstances, one of these treatments will be my last for a while.

Has anyone heard of autohemotherapy? Have they tried it for acne or anything else and it worked? When they tried it for allergies or something and had acne before, did it also clear acne? Should I just go with Accutane? Are there any other alternatives (other than topicals since acne is unresponsive to topicals) than these two?

Please let me know,
Thanks.

Tl;dr: I'm on the route to doing the Accutane (isotretinoin) regimen, but looked into healthier, safer, alternatives and came across autohemotherapy. Wondering which one to choose and needs help in picking one.

MemberMember
(@charliebrown2)

Posted : 02/25/2016 3:16 am

Hi!
im not really here to say what stuff you should go on, (because unfortunately I'm no Expert! And I'm sure, like you've explained, have already tried most things.)
I just wanted to Tell you a few things, if you do end up on accutane, the only real side effects that people need to worry about, is dry lips, eyes, face, nose/ nosebleeds and headaches. These are the side effects you wil get.
The other side effects it there that scare you are so unlikely, that there isn't really much point worrying about them. Yes they are serious, and yes you should be conscious of them, but ultimately, if you've tried heaps of things to get rif of your acne and nothing else will work, you either go on accutane now, and see how it goes, most of the time it will be fine, or keep on the lookout for new things which may take a few years to find.
I definitely know how you feel, in fact I went to an apt and basically knew I was going to be put on accutane, and was a little scared, but my doctor whent through everything and things like depression, and sucidal cases actually have no evidence to support links to accutane, and because so many people take it, they is going to have some rare cases that people get depression, but who's to say they wouldn't get it anyway?
Of corse, don't force your self into things like this, nut it out, and take your time. You have to be motivated, and if you'd rather have acne than to be on this medication, then stick by that and that is your decision alone.

also- you know when you look up symptoms for something or rather on the Internet, and your like: holy crap...I'm gonna die, then ask your doctor about it and they are like: your fine.
long story short: people put out so much negative all the time. Try to focus on the success stories of accutane.

Sorry I didn't really answer you question, but I wish you all the best :))

MemberMember
(@frenchie)

Posted : 11/29/2016 6:53 am

Hello herolady!
I have just read your post... I see it dates from last February, and we are at the end of November, so I hope you are still active! I was wondering if you had tried autohemotherapy after all and whether it was a successful treatment for acne?
My daughter (28) has suffered from this affliction for over 2 years and, like you, she has tried almost everything and until now nothing has worked... My companion being a great defender of autohemotherapy, he suggests she tries it. But of course I would rather have feedbacks from people who have tried it first! It seems there is absolutely zero danger with autohemotherapy, and the only side effects are possible bouts of fever and a sharpening of symptoms at the very beginning.
I do hope you got rid of your acne,
Looking forward to hear from you!