Accutane

MemberMember
(@cyanskier123)

Posted : 01/31/2016 2:11 am

Hey guys! I've had acne since about grade 8 and I'm in my first year of university now. I was prescribed accutane on December 3rd of 2015 at 40mg one day and 80mg the next, averaging to 60mg a day. My acne was pretty bad on my face and REALLY bad on my back and arms. It is now the end of January and im not sure if I'm doing this right. I've been taking it right after dinner since the course started but I never noticed an initial flare up and my acne seemed to be going away. Recently I read it should be taken with fat heavy foods in order to increase absorption. I'm not really sure if what I eat is fatty so I instead I bought omega-3 tablets with 600 epa and 400 dha and have been taking them with my accutane medication. Now I'm starting to notice some acne going away but also a flare up. I can't really see if my back is clearing up but it's still really bad. I'm not sure if accutane has been working this whole time or if it recently started working...or if it was working before but isn't anymore. Also, do you guys think it's okay to switch from accutane Roche to absorica because it's easier to absorb? Please let me know what you think about all of this. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@monigheandonn)

Posted : 02/02/2016 3:56 pm

So from what I read about the absorica clinical trials, you still need to take it with a meal containing some fat. Supposedly it gets absorbed better but it doesn't change that you still need some fat in your meal when you take it. Also there was a clinical trial that showed the amount of circulating isotretinoin was the same when consumed with 20g of fat versus 60g of fat. So you really don't need much, just at least 20g of fat in the meal you take it with.