Notifications
Clear all

Accutane HELP!!

MemberMember
(@logoluso33)

Posted : 01/27/2016 12:47 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site, but definitely need some advice. I'm on month 3 of Accutane and things are starting to go down hill. I was on 20mg a day for month 1, and was supposed to be on 40mg by month 2. I thought this was a little toointense for my skin,so I would do 40mg some days and 20mg on others. Now I'm on month 3 at a full 40mg dose...and it's getting bad.

Month 1 and 2 my face definitely showed a lot of improvement and I was extremely happy. However month 3 has completely changed everything. My faceis breaking out... BAD. Worse than ever before Accutane,and I don't know if that's normal. My lips are still chapped as ever, certain parts of my nose and eyes are sensitive because they're so dry (and I often get large clots of blood in my nose), and everything about my body is super dry.

Tonight was the worst experience. I had been experiencing mild discomfort all day with my makeup on, and as I removed it (with my natural daily cleaner) my face began burn! It's swollen and red, and SO PAINFUL. I had to sit with a cold rag and take Benedryl just to keep the redness and pain down! I don't understand why it's getting SO BAD.

Please let me know if you have had similar experiences, know what to do, or have any new current product for lips and skin to recommend. Thank you!!

Danielle

MemberMember
(@adonicsnips)

Posted : 01/28/2016 12:11 am

Mistake #1: you don't think it was too intensive. If the doctor told you to be in 40mg, then be on 40mg. You cannot simply use some days 20mg and other 40mg. You're change the levels every other day and your body cannot follow all this changes. You either keep on 20, or move up to 40.

MemberMember
(@pargat32)

Posted : 01/29/2016 6:02 am

IFYOUAREONACCUTNETREATMENTTHENdon'tUseMakeupAnddrinklotofwater 3LtrPerday
DON'TAFRAIDIFYOURSKINISGETTINGDRYITS BECAUSE OFACCUTANEDOSAGEuse MILDMILDMOISTURISERDAILYBEFORESLEEPANDAPPLY LIPS MOISTURISERTOO.........