Notifications
Clear all

Proactiv is causing dry patches on my skin, HELP!

MemberMember
(@aly97)

Posted : 01/03/2016 4:41 pm

I have been on the proactiv+ system for 2 weeks now and i am slowly seeing results which is making me happy, but whats not making me happy is my skin is becoming dry and sometimes flaky where my breakouts are. Its especially annoying whenever i try to apply makeup and all it does it flake and cause my makeup to cling to all the dry spots, i dont know what to do since ive always had oily skin, never dry.I am using the proactiv oil-free moisturizer day and night but im just not sure if thats enough.

Anyone have any suggestions on how i can dry and help my skin from becoming so dry? Ive heard vitamin E is a good ingredient in helping dry skin. I was thinking maybe trying the body shop vitamin Eserum oil, but then again, im afraid of adding in any other products outside of the proactivsystem as i dont want to cause them to work differently or stop working all together.

If anyone has experienced this with proactiv, what did you do to help your skin? Any suggestions or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

MemberMember
(@aly97)

Posted : 01/07/2016 10:07 pm

can anyone help???

MemberMember
(@destinys1991)

Posted : 01/08/2016 5:07 pm

Personally I have never tried the proactiv line so my suggestion might not be the best in your eyes but if you get a nice pure vitamin E oil with no chemicals than you should be okay to use it on top without the fear of adverse effects or a standstill to your treatment

MemberMember
(@aly97)

Posted : 01/09/2016 9:42 pm

thank you, i may try that out since the dryness is still there and it doesnt seem to be changing 🙁