Notifications
Clear all

Anyone contemplated suicide?

MemberMember
(@user504102)

Posted : 12/22/2015 9:00 pm

Just wondering if anyone's acne and scars have pushed them over the edge and caused them to consider ending their own life... Just wondering

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/22/2015 9:40 pm

To what extent? I'm sure acne has caused some people to commit suicide. And and Scars to most peopleinduce depression and stress which are very hard to combat. But it's ranges from person to person. For example, I remember when I was younger I would often tell myself that it would be better to be dead than alive but I never actually tried to end my life - that would have been absurd, and I'm glad I didn't...

...there's treatments out there!

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 12/22/2015 11:16 pm

1 hour ago, Robertitoo said:

...there's treatments out there!

MemberMember
(@stressftw)

Posted : 12/23/2015 1:25 am

i do, everyday, everytime, i dont plan to end my own life but sometimes i wonder if there is just a button that you can press and end everything instantly i wouldve pressed it already
like robertito said, theres treatments out there and the future is more promising..
lets hold hope
is everything we have for now

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 12/23/2015 8:49 am

Sometimes I wish I can go back in time with the knowledge I know and prevent the acne or treat it at its early stages. Sometimes I want to go into the field of dermtology and become a dermatologist to help everyone

Dermarolling Girl, Iahmeeobop, Ommmmmm and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@hopeful323)

Posted : 12/23/2015 5:53 pm

I have but then I think of all the people who have it so much worse off than me. Acid burn victims in India, kids who have lost their families in fires and live their lives alone with horrific scars. I figure if they can work through it and some people even do amazing things afterwards, then I should count myself lucky. Other than the scarring I live a privileged life compared to 90% of the world's population so I try to focus on the things I'm thankful for like a roof over my head and food on my table. I'm thankful that I actually have the chance to be depressed about my face because it means other areas in my life are going well.... if I was a victim of the sex slave industry getting sold off day in day out, my face would be the last thing on my mind! 

As stated b others, there are treatments out there and things are improving year after year. What if you killed yourself and the following year, a complete cure for acne and scarring was discovered? It's only a matter of time and even if it takes another 20 years, if you're 20, you'll still have a good 40 years of life to live at 40 :)

If anyone is seriously considering suicide and has exhausted treatments, I would save a couple of grand, go to somewhere like thailand where you can live for a couple of years very cheaply and live in a monastery or something. Meditate, join a cult, hell, do anything that's away from this modern material world that we live in that puts so much emphasis on looks. I am one to talk and I need to do this too but... appreciate that there is more to life than your skin. Much love to everyone x

Ishayat, Ommmmmm, GuevaraBeats and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@user504102)

Posted : 12/23/2015 6:46 pm

51 minutes ago, hopeful323 said:

I have but then I think of all the people who have it so much worse off than me. Acid burn victims in India, kids who have lost their families in fires and live their lives alone with horrific scars. I figure if they can work through it and some people even do amazing things afterwards, then I should count myself lucky. Other than the scarring I live a privileged life compared to 90% of the world's population so I try to focus on the things I'm thankful for like a roof over my head and food on my table. I'm thankful that I actually have the chance to be depressed about my face because it means other areas in my life are going well.... if I was a victim of the sex slave industry getting sold off day in day out, my face would be the last thing on my mind! 

As stated b others, there are treatments out there and things are improving year after year. What if you killed yourself and the following year, a complete cure for acne and scarring was discovered? It's only a matter of time and even if it takes another 20 years, if you're 20, you'll still have a good 40 years of life to live at 40 :)

If anyone is seriously considering suicide and has exhausted treatments, I would save a couple of grand, go to somewhere like thailand where you can live for a couple of years very cheaply and live in a monastery or something. Meditate, join a cult, hell, do anything that's away from this modern material world that we live in that puts so much emphasis on looks. I am one to talk and I need to do this too but... appreciate that there is more to life than your skin. Much love to everyone x

Thank you for the uplifting response... Hugs to you!

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 12/24/2015 7:45 am

every fucking day .. but i have a family to support .. just try to see the world and appreciate the beauty ... i know its so fucking hard but ....

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 12/24/2015 10:10 pm

I've felt really bad and cried so many times about my acne/scars and how insecure I look, but I've never thought about ending my life.

Yes, having acne and these scars can be really hard but I'm also really grateful of what I have and to be alive...

I believe no matter how depressing your life may seem, there are a lot of people out there who have it a million times worse than you...

So cheer up, guys 🙂