Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Battle

MemberMember
(@aprlcap)

Posted : 11/30/2015 9:00 pm

Hi! I'm Chen, 23y/o from Philippines. I just want to share my battle against acne and how I won it.

I have a very sensitive, oily and acne prone skin type. Imagine how easily I get acne everytime I'm exposed to dust, dirt and etc.  I've suffered acne for 2 years(worst years of my life so far) I was depressed, had very low self esteem, I didn't want to go out and mingle with others because I'm afraid other people will make fun of me because of my pimples. i literally shut everyone out. I was so hopeless that time(I know, a lot of people can related about what I've been through). My mom convinced me to see a derma, so i did, tried so many products, but still no result. I got depressed again. Until one day, i came across on this website, read different stories on how they won against acne, and read some articles about having sensitive and acne prone skin, i decided to consult my derma again, we discussed what might cause my acne and decided what medication I should use( I'm a Pharmacist so I have enough knowledge about medicines) and I ask if I can use TOPICAL MEDICATION. She prescribed me EPIDUO. and with the knowledge of what to use and don't when you have a sensitive acne prone skin, I came up with a regimen. Here are products that i'm using:

PHYSIOGEL CLEANSER (I believe people should start using mild cleanser because strong cleanser can worsen your acne)

CELETEQUE TONER (It is a alcohol free toner and suitable for my skin type.) 

EPIDUO

CELETEQUE MOISTURIZER ( a water based and oil free moisturizer suitable for my skin type)

Morning routine:

1. Cleanse with PHYSIOGEL CLEANSER

2. After cleansing, I apply CELETEQUE TONER and let it dry for a few minutes, then apply CELETEQUE MOISTURIZER

Evening routine: 

1. Cleanse with Physiogel

2. Apply toner and let it dry for a few minute

3. Apply EPIDUO on the affected area. ( My derma instructed me to apply this every night ONLY  because it can burn your skin if you apply this in the morning). Let it dry.

4. Apply moisturizer. 

I started this routine last January this year, at first months I can't see any improvement and I'm starting to lose hope and starting to get depressed again but I told my self that i should continue it  because i have nothing to lose anyway. Until May came, i'm starting to notice that some area of my face are getting clearer and I'm starting to have a healthy skin so i continue my routine until August, viola! my skin is very clear. The marks are gone also, I cried myself out because I can't believe that I have a clear skin now. So much joy! i'm still using this routine now, minus the EPIDUO( i apply this now, if i can see a pimple starting to pop), i have occasional break out due to my period but they last only for few days. :)

I shared my story to let everyone knows that there still hope. To cheer you that if was able to won my battle, you can too. :) 

P.S: I'm also changing my bed sheet and pillow case twice a week. Change my shampoo and conditioner to organic products.

P.S.S: You can check my avatar for my before and after picture.

Godbless everyone! xoxo