Notifications
Clear all

Please help! I'm so depressed of how my cheeks turned out

MemberMember
(@aprilicious)

Posted : 11/30/2015 10:42 pm

So i've been in the regimen for exactly 13 weeks now. I dont know what to do with my face, its clear from acne but my face is extremely dry and rough. Everytime i put bp and the moisturizer from the regimen it turns red, itchy and it feels like its burning.  Should I stop the regimen? Right now i'm only applying the regimen at night (just a pea size) and i just wash my face and put moisturizer in the AM. I tried using the aha and the jojobaoil but i guess its not working for me.. I use Olay spf 15?(not sure lol) in the AM, but i think its not helping also..  I attached a photo i hope you can see it and give me some advices. Thank you  

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jerkheart)

Posted : 12/01/2015 11:39 pm

It looks really dry I would recommend 2 lotions. I have combination skin, so I have done a lot trouble-shooting to see please everyone on my face.

1.) NIVEA Soft Face Hand Body Skin Cream with Vitamin E & Jojoba Oil
This stuff worked wonders for me when I was on the regiment. Very light, dries quickly, smells pleasant, but most importantly: absorbed into my skin. I used it at night and in the morning, but saw great results when I used overnight. I would use a little more at night, kind of like a mask, but not quite so thick. The one I used was in smaller container than in the link, but can also be found at Walgreen for under $2.00. The only con is that the fragrance might irritate some more sensitive areas.

2.) AVEENO® Baby Daily Moisture Lotion
This lotion I would once again recommend for sensitive skin that tends to dry instead of oily. It is great because it is fragrance and alcohol free, and relatively cheap at about $7.00 a bottle.

To soothe the redness/flakiness, I would try natural homemade masks that soothe and moisturize. Try Aloe, Oatmeal, and egg yolk. And if you're feeling really extreme, try an aspirin mask which will most definitely reduce the red :)  I will link some below:

1.) Egg Yolk, Honey and Almond Oil Mask: Egg yolk adds moisture to the skin, and so do nourishing almond oil and honey. Combine 2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 drops of almond oil. Apply mixture to face and neck and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

2.) Aspirin Mask

Hope this helps for now!
Stay in touch!

MemberMember
(@aprilicious)

Posted : 12/02/2015 12:37 am

can i use the nivea or aveeno after i put the BP? Should i stop the regimen and concentrate with applying one of those two? What do you think? And thank you for taking the time to reply me back.

MemberMember
(@ninjection)

Posted : 12/02/2015 2:04 am

Woah woah woah. I'm gonna be completely honest and I'll message u but... Actually I'll just message u:) I really wanna help u and I think I can for sure in a way that's a lot more simple...no joke

MemberMember
(@aprilicious)

Posted : 12/06/2015 2:10 am

Just giving an update about this post.. As you see in the picture i posted before that my face was so dry, I've been dealing with that dryness and flakiness the whole time i was in the regimen, i tried Different things(olay moisturizer, jojobaoil and aha) but nothing workd for me , i've done researchs and finally i found the one thing that made that dryness go away.. I used CETAPHIL CREAM .. It works after only a 2-3x  application. I was so afraid to try it at first because i was close to giving up lol.. I use the cream at am and pm after i wash my face with dans regimen and the bp.. For now i dont use the moisturizer that comes with the regimen, i use the cetaphil as a replacement. So this is how it looks like after 3 days of applying the cetaphil (am and pm).. Hope this helps(: i am not that clear from acne yet and i still have those marks from acne but i'm happy with my face right now (:

image.jpeg