Raised small scar

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/27/2015 3:00 pm

I have a small raised scar on my chin, so far ive had ipl, microdermabrasion and caughtery. Its soft like my own skin. I went to see a plastic surgeon and he says its too small to inject with cortisone, if he cut it out it would leave a visable scar. He refused any treatment. So my question is is there any treatments that coukd flatten it even a tiny bit. Surely someone on this site has had some success. Id try the steroid tape but cant get it in the UK. Can anyone help or advise x

MemberMember
(@clambake)

Posted : 04/23/2016 12:15 am

I've had success with using silicone scar sheets and gel to flatten very slightly raised scars. (For a facial scar, I would think the gel would be preferrable.) It takes a lot of patience, but both the sheets and gel really are effective if you are consistent -- religious, even -- about applying it every day and night for three+ months.

Several brands of gel (Dermatix, Kelo-cote) are readily available in the UK, and while a tube of the stuff can be pretty pricey, you'll probably be able to make it last, seeing as your scar is a small one.