Notifications
Clear all

Incessant Hormonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@all4nature)

Posted : 11/24/2015 6:08 pm

I am absolutely DESPERATE at this point! I've seen one of the best dermatologists in the state only to be prescribed Spironolactone for hormonal acne, which I refuse to take because it's mainly given to those with heightened testosterone/androgen levels in this case, and my blood tests showed I'm actually low on both. Alternatively, he suggested another course of antibiotics (orally and topically), which have proved helpful in the past, but my naturopath advised I steer clear of both, since my gut is already trying to repair itself from the formers courses. I do not consume dairy (except organic ghee), gluten, or refined sugars, have a very clean diet, taking vitamin D, B12, and zinc, with no improvements whatsoever! I have turned to diet mostly with little insight in terms of triggers other than nuts and seeds, which I think is related to the oils, offsetting my hormones more? Acne has destroyed my self-esteem, and social life in turn. I rarely leave the house when I don't have to, and consumes my mind! Yes, I know it may seem shallow, but anyone who's suffered the condition, it's an exhausting battle, leaving you feeling defeated and hopeless more often than not. I'm always experimenting topically (mostly using 100% natural products), which I know may confuse my skin further, and again, no progress at all! In fact, every product only seems to exasperate the issue, creating more blemishes! Anyone relate to the pictures attached, or willing to share their journey/healing protocol? Last note, my acne is primarily along the sides of my chin, jawline, and lower cheeks, (mostly the harder, painful blemishes, some coming to a head,) and tiny comedones taking over my forehead and temples. 

Photo on 2015-11-24 at 16.52.jpg

Photo on 2015-11-24 at 16.52 #2.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/24/2015 8:28 pm

There are hormonalsupplements you can take in lieu of spiro. Look into it in the hormonal forums.

Your diet seems really good so don't stress it. Sometimes we have acne in spite of our best efforts. With that said, we just have to keep on keeping on