Notifications
Clear all

What else can i do

MemberMember
(@hopeless11)

Posted : 11/24/2015 6:25 pm

I dont know what to do anymore.

I have done accutane twice.

I have done 2 light treatments (blue U and lumicleanse)

I have been on every other type of pill - minocyclin, doxycyclin, 2 different kinds of birth control pills (Yaz and now on Alesse), androcure....

I have seen a naturopath who told me that I should avoid dairy. I did that for 6 months without any improvement whatsoever.

Nothing EVER works for me.

The only time I have been acne free was for a span of 4 months after my second accutane treatment. But it came back even worse and I am now 21, after suffering from acne for more than 7 years I feel completely hopeless.

I avoid going out with my friends. I avoid speaking to new people because I dont want them to look at my face.

I live with roommates and I hide in my room after i shower because I dont want anyone to see me without makeup on. Even though makeup doesnt even help much since it is so bad.

I have lost any little bit of confidence I once had.

My dermatologist wants me to go back on accutane but I lost my hair the 2 times I was on it before and Im scared to know what it is doing to my body.

Does anyone have any advice or can give me a miracle to help me? I feel so so hopeless.

Thank you in advance

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/24/2015 8:24 pm

Have you tried spiro? Accutane didn't help me either. There is also going gluten and grain free (paleo).

please don't give up

MemberMember
(@hopeless11)

Posted : 11/24/2015 11:49 pm

@leelowe1no I haven't, I was on an anti-androgen pill for a long time but that did nothing either. Did spiro work for you?

MemberMember
(@prestonmeyers)

Posted : 11/25/2015 10:48 am

I do firmly believe that Accutane is the best option out there. Maybe it didn't work out because of the mg you took. I'd give it another try and would talk with your derm about the hair lost issue, which is something he should consider. Maybe he'll come up with an alternative solution : for example,some sort of mix between a low dosage Accutane and Differin (I'm just suggesting something).

Hang in there.