Notifications
Clear all

[success story?]profractional laser on indentation

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 11/20/2015 8:24 pm

I hope this post bring some positive feedback and hope to others who are out there suffering with acne and scars. 

I have had two very deep indentation cause by cortisone injection. Two years back while i was on accutane i had an extremely huge cyst which requires multiple cortisone injection to treat it. Unfortunately these injection cause two huge dent in my check.

I have had other indentation which eventually filled up on its own except for this two. I waited close to 2 years before treatment as i was still on accutane and the doctor advised to wait for 1 year before any surgery.

Initially my derm wanted to perform subscision on my scars but he told me one of the indent was not optimal for subscision. So i suggested filler and was told it wont work on my indent because of the way were shaped. He recommended me profractional laser on them and told me it may only have a 30% improvement. Left with no choice i went ahead with it not really very optimistic about it as I didnt really believe that a laser will be able to lift a deep indent.

Three days later after the scab has fallen off i noticed the dents has filled up significantly, i am very happy with the result , i would say there is a 60-70 percent improvement.

That being said , the laser only work on the dent that was caused by coristone injection. It didnt do anything to a rolling scar which i had.

Before laser

Untitled1.png.6ee588983eba5f1a99370ed74b

After laser

20151121_070949.thumb.jpg.4923dc62822ea4

I apologize i dont have a very well lit picture of the before pic but you can clearly see the 2 deep indent in the fist picture while the second pic is much shallower.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/21/2015 1:14 am

How long has it been since the laser? Was this recently?