Notifications
Clear all

My acne scars, really need help! PICS

MemberMember
(@sadmang)

Posted : 11/20/2015 8:05 pm

So these scars have been haunting for me a couple years now. I had severe cystic acne which is now mild acne. Acne still bothers me but I can somewhat tolerate it since its minor. These scars are ruining me though. I've been so anti-social and I really need help fixing my scars so I can feel like myself again.

SCARS:

They actually don't look as bad in these pictures as they do in person, under this lighting at least. They are definitely moderate-severe (to me at least). I talked to a couple places around my area and one person said they can do a few sessions of microdermabrasion. They haven't seen pictures or me yet so I don't think they realize microderm probably won't do much for these scars (from what i've read). The other place said they can schedule me in for a consultation but it won't be for a month. So here I am, wondering what would be best for me since it will take a while for somebody to see me.. so at least I'll have some knowledge of what could be best for when I see the person.

Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 11/20/2015 9:53 pm

From my experience, Microdermabrasion won't do anything at all to the scarring. It didn't even make any positive changes to the smaller scars I have on my forehead. I've also not heard any good reports about microdermabrasiontreating scars.

I'd maybe suggest trying Derma rolling,however,there will be people on this forum with way better knowledge thanme about what's best for your scar type/ area etc.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/21/2015 1:15 am

Microdermabrasion is pretty much useless for acne scarring. It's really just a spa treatment and does very little.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 11/21/2015 6:37 am

needling, TCA peels, lasers and subcision, real dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion)are your real options

needling is a good option since its cheap and safe(you can perform on yourself) but take alot of time to see results and they could be minimal

lasers are good but they are expensive and you will need several treatments and the results can be disappointing and you can experience side effects

subcision seems to be a good option to raise up the atrophic scars

TCA peels/CROSS are a really good option to raise up the atrophic scars since u can do at home and its cheap. Tca peel is a really powerfull peel so be cautious with the percentage and if you raise up your depressed scars a resurface with lasers would be the best thing

i do think that TCA peels to lift up the depressed scar followed by 2-3 sessions of CO2 laser with recellfor resurface are the best thing we have today for scarring

Ommmmmm liked