Notifications
Clear all

Did anyone else unintentionally harm their health by trying to control their acne?

MemberMember
(@heinstar)

Posted : 11/16/2015 6:34 am

When I was 16, I started getting severe acne out of nowhere. Back then, I was working at McDonalds as well and my supervisor started making rude comments about my severe acne and he was embarassing me at work. At school it was even worse because I was getting the stares and even got made fun of my severe acne. Because of my severe acne, I habitually visited my local pharmacy after school and started buying bunch of OTC supplements of my acne. I've tried everything from herbal acne medicine, multivitamins, vitamin A etc. I even accidentally took too many vitamin A pills + multivitamins and had a liver pain from it. Back when I was 16, I didn't know what "health" and "nutrition" was so I though that pills at the pharmarcy could cure everything. I eventually had to see a doctor and I was immediately put on Accutane but I stopped very early on because it was too harsh on my system. And from there onwards, I was just taking antibiotics for a long time.

I'm 24 now and I've recently learned that I could permanently control my acne by drinking carrot juice daily. I wish I knew about this when I started getting severe acne as a teen.

So I'm wondering, did any of you guys unintentially harm your health by trying to control your acne when you werea teenager as well?

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 07/07/2017 12:30 pm

yeah, i did lol. too many antibiotics. how does carrot juice help though?

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:18 am

Antibiotics for me too. Not sure I harmed my health but I think I made my acne worse.

MemberMember
(@smashingfeel)

Posted : 08/03/2017 12:29 am

Me...I became too obsess..trying to control my acne breakout that it became much worser (coz I'm not sure how to take care my face's skin that it leave scars) biggest mistake everrrrrr.....