Notifications
Clear all

Hope and pain

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 11/15/2015 12:46 pm

Im writing to release...my pain....a pain that only some people with acne can understand. Im a 33 yr old woman and the past two years ive been struggling with acne..that I have allowed to cripple me...cripple me from my joy, cripple me from life, cripple me from being a better mom, cripple me from being a better girlfriend. Recently due to stress and frustration I broke out again...this time going to an acne clinic trying to heal the outside instead of the inside..ofcourse these treatments didn't work cuz I wasn't relieving the stress...but they also caused worse problems like discusting black ingrown hairs that are also scarring my cheek..guess the dryness from the chemical peels made things worse. there is no miracle cure and this damage wont go away overnight...I try to go out...and enjoy myself..but I look around and see better skin....and I feel like an outcast. Holidays are coming and I want to go out and have fun but I feel so shitty....and my boyfriend who ive been with for a while has to go thru this with me another year...breaking down and not wanting to go out cuz of my skin...maybe hes going to leave me this time...cuz im not living like this and who wants to be around a depressed person. My therapist tries to tell me its the inside that counts as well as doing positive affirmations....but now dealing with hair on my face and having to get laser as well as find a natural cure for the acne I have....its stressful....and I know will take months to heal...if I can...but im trying to be hopeful. If anyone has any advice or even can give some good recommendations for getting rid of clogged pores all over the face....atleast I can work on that...and figure out a cure now for the ingrown hairs that are making bumps on my face too...shit is just depressing...but like I said I need to be hopeful.