Notifications
Clear all

Shiny red skin after Erbium Laser? Pls help!

MemberMember
(@positivethoughts)

Posted : 11/13/2015 10:59 am

Hello Community,

I underwent an Erbium Laser treatment for linear scars (no acne scars) and too deeply dermabraded scars by a really reputable doctor in my area. They told me everything would be okay. But now I'm 11 days post op and the skin that was abraded with this really ablative laser (I was bleeding quite a bit which made me worry instantly) is red and shiny. It is on the same level als the normal skin but just very shiny. It seems to have pores though.

Is this gonna better itself or is it basically scarring and my skin is doomed? I'm gonna visit him on monday but I'm really anxious and curious to know what's up with
that shiny red skin. I know redness is quite normal at this stage but it is so damn shiny.

Also, I know Recell doesn't work well for acne scars but I read a few cases (even in this forum) where it helped for surface level scars making them almost normal skin again. I also got an appointment with a doctor who uses recell on monday afternoon. Do you guys think that would help me (especially the new shiny skin because that it isn't even 2 weeks old)? Would Recell be effective on that because I think scars take a longer time to form so I might still be able to negate these negative effects, no?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/13/2015 1:42 pm

If you had fully ablative erbium laser, then red shiny skin is quite normal after 11 days and i would not worry too much. But indeed, you should ask your doctor because what is normal depends on your treatment level.

As for recell, recell is used directly after laser treatment/dermabrasion and not when the wound has already (partially) healed. It is used to promote the healing and i don't think it is going to do much after two weeks since the wound is already closed. But again, ask your doctor to be sure.

MemberMember
(@positivethoughts)

Posted : 11/13/2015 4:17 pm

Thanks for the comment, it really gives me hope because I'm going through a horrible phase in my life right now. Never felt that bad, honestly. :/
So you really think he shiny red skin is most likely going to end up being normal skin in like a month or so? I hope so.

Yeah, I know how Recell is being used but my question was supposed to be more along the lines of "is Recell going to work better on skin damage that is really recent?". If I'd do it in like 3-4 weeks my wounds (if they end up not becoming normal textured skin) are still going to be pretty fresh and new. Can that be a advantage over having skin damage from years ago treated?