MemberMember
(@angelo01)

Posted : 10/11/2015 11:27 pm

Best hormonal acne treatments

MemberMember
(@fierydiamond)

Posted : 10/12/2015 3:47 pm

Birth control :) 
IIt dependepends too oon if you have anany other hormonhormonal imbalance symptoms besides acne :)

MemberMember
(@bn071)

Posted : 10/12/2015 6:38 pm

I'm wondering this too. I read a post about Vitamin D3 (which is actually not a vitamin but a hormone or something), and this could really help. So I've bought some D3 supplements along with B complex, C, magnesium and calcium supplements. It ain't that expensive so might as well give it a try.

MemberMember
(@fierydiamond)

Posted : 10/13/2015 3:44 am

I m also taking milk thistle & magnesium
& a strong prebiotic :/

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 10/13/2015 9:46 pm

I'm wondering this too. I read a post about Vitamin D3 (which is actually not a vitamin but a hormone or something), and this could really help. So I've bought some D3 supplements along with B complex, C, magnesium and calcium supplements. It ain't that expensive so might as well give it a try.

VitaminD is a hormone not a vitamin by virtue of how it issynthesized in the body. Basically, your skinabsorbs UV light from the sun and your body from food, and basically the precursor to vitamin D from these sourcestravels into your bloodstream and to your liver and kidneys where theycreates vitamin D.

That being said, I would be very cautious of how much vitamin D (or D3) you take as your body produces this naturally and is sufficient amounts without the need for supplements. Too much vitamin D can be very toxic to your bones (due to its role in calcium absorption), brain, nerves, kidneys, heart, and arteries. If you do decide to take it make sure your consult yourdoctor or your HCP and make sure you are not taking too much of the daily dose as that is when you can develop toxicity.

MemberMember
(@bn071)

Posted : 10/14/2015 7:12 am

VitaminD is a hormone not a vitamin by virtue of how it issynthesized in the body. Basically, your skinabsorbs UV light from the sun and your body from food, and basically the precursor to vitamin D from these sourcestravels into your bloodstream and to your liver and kidneys where theycreates vitamin D.

That being said, I would be very cautious of how much vitamin D (or D3) you take as your body produces this naturally and is sufficient amounts without the need for supplements. Too much vitamin D can be very toxic to your bones (due to its role in calcium absorption), brain, nerves, kidneys, heart, and arteries. If you do decide to take it make sure your consult yourdoctor or your HCP and make sure you are not taking too much of the daily dose as that is when you can develop toxicity.

Thanks for the heads up. As far as I know, Vitamin D toxicity is (more) likely to develop when you take 40.000 IU per day, for at least three months straight. I am now taking 5000 IU supplements, one per day.. I don't know how much my body "makes on his own" or how much I get due to certain foods, but I know that I'm barely getting any sun in the winter and don't eat a lot of vegetables and/or fruits.. So I'm guessing 5000 IU per day isn't dangerous, right?

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 10/14/2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up. As far as I know, Vitamin D toxicity is (more) likely to develop when you take 40.000 IU per day, for at least three months straight. I am now taking 5000 IU supplements, one per day.. I don't know how much my body "makes on his own" or how much I get due to certain foods, but I know that I'm barely getting any sun in the winter and don't eat a lot of vegetables and/or fruits.. So I'm guessing 5000 IU per day isn't dangerous, right?

I am not expert by any means, I've just learned about this stuff in school, butnormally your body does not need more than about 4000 IU per day. So you are slightly higher than that but not extremely so iguess you would be fine...but again, I would consult your doctor or a HCP just to make sure youare taking it properly and if you are taking other meds/vitamins, make sure that they don't interact badly.