Notifications
Clear all

Quitting smoking / starting vaping, and acne

MemberMember
(@bn071)

Posted : 10/11/2015 8:53 am

Hi all,

I have seen some topics about the same subject, but I was hoping to get some extra help.

I have quit smoking a week or three ago. I then switched to vaping. Ever since, I have gotten really bad acne. At first I didn't link it to the quitting smoking and starting vaping, but literally nothing changed in my lifestyle. I even drink way more water and way less soda than before..

I have always had a bit of an acne problem, but never serious enough to go to the doctor or something. Now, there are zits all over my face, especially on my jaw line and cheeks. Variating from small ones with a white head, to somewhat larger red zits (more underneath the skin).

I have been to the doctor, who told me it is most likely because of hormones. I haven't told her about the quitting smoking part, cause I haven't made the link until recently. She gave me benzoylperoxide gel 5%, to help dry out the acne. I have been using it for a week or two but I don't see any result.

Now I'm a bit lost. I have seriously considered starting smoking again because the acne is making me very self conscious and insecure. I know it's a stupid thought but I really hate it. Should I make another appointment with the doctor and figure out another way too solve it?

I was hoping that there would be other people on here who experienced the same, who could maybe tell me for how long it lasted and such.. Any other advice is very welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@jimmygold)

Posted : 05/07/2017 11:59 pm

I had a similar issue but has basically gone away with me choosing max Ejuice.Ingredients of e-juice or the flavor syrup used in electronic vaping devices or vape pens is made of only a few ingredients and may or may not contain nicotine