Notifications
Clear all

Custom Ice Pack For Acne

MemberMember
(@handyideas)

Posted : 09/25/2015 12:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I have suffered from acne for years. I have tried everything. Literally, from benzoyl peroxide to minocycline to tretinoin gel to anything remotely related to treating acne. Most of these work for a short period of time. Unfortunately, my acne usually makes a come back.

I usually get isolated, cystic acne like a cyst on my chin or on my cheek. More than any of the above mentioned treatments, icing the cyst has really helped. Like a bruise, cysts are painful and swell up because of the inflammation associated with it. I have found that icing the cyst reduces the pain and also reduces the size of the cyst. The trick is to ice the cyst right away- when you first notice it- for 10-15 minutes, on and off. This means you ice for 15 secs and then keep it off for a 30. Rinse and repeat for anywhere between 10-15 minutes. Icing it for longer has irritated my skin.

I've used ice packs meant for muscle pain and joint aches which are too big and bulky for cystic acne; I've used ice cubes but they melt so fast after which you're left with water dripping everywhere.

I've been thinking of just making a custom ice pack meant for icing acne; something that is both small and convenient to use.

Am I the only one that would want something like this?

Please let me know if you are interested in such a product. If there are enough people maybe we can find a way to make it happen!

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/26/2015 12:05 pm

I don't see the need for one, however I am completely with you that the best treatment for cysts is ice. I am currently icing my cyst lol. I think you should just use an ice cube wrapped in a towel, and the part that touches your face you leave unwrapped. That way it doesn't drip anywhere and your hands arent freezing and you get the best out of the ice!