Notifications
Clear all

Can Side Effects Of Accutane Occur Immediately Starting Treatment?

MemberMember
(@truckacne)

Posted : 09/13/2015 4:46 pm

I just started taking Accutane (Claravis) a day ago, taking one 30 mg pill twice a day for a total of 60 mg a day. I noticed the first day I started taking it, I had mild to moderate stomach pain. Today, which is just day two, I have moderate stomach pain. In the morning, I had to defecate and noticed it was greenish-brown and smelled rather bad. I never have unhealthy stools and I eat a relatively healthy vegan diet. Can the side effects of Accutane occur immediately upon starting treatment or is it all in my head? I've read about the side effects and knew what I was getting into but I will stop the treatment immediately if I have to. I've always read that the side effects, mild or severe, don't really develop until being on it for a while, so this alarms me. Any commentary would be much appreciated. I don't even believe in taking Accutane and think the pharmaceutical industry is beyond evil, but I will do anything to get rid of this burden, even if it makes me a hypocrite. I've tried every diet known to man and different topical treatments, but both do nothing for me. This was my last resort. However, I will gladly cease taking it if my health is in harm's way. Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 09/14/2015 3:57 am

Most the early side effects people get I believe are psychological due to people reading so many bad reviews, however if your body is giving you clear signs make sure to discuss them with your dermatologist.

Accutane is known for causing gastrointestinal distress. Make sure you are taking with a meal to help it digest more evently. Monitor yourself closely and if these don't get better or get worse contact your dermatologist immediatly.

I started at 80mg a day and was feeling the side effects 3 days in. It works quick, my body addapted after a few days and I have felt okay since.