Notifications
Clear all

Bha And Aha For Whiteheads

MemberMember
(@lizzzz)

Posted : 08/26/2015 1:40 pm

Just found this site. So a little background on my skin..

I have had whiteheads and blackheads since I hit puberty. (Im 18 now)They are all over my jawline mouth and chin. I've tried everything over the sun to help my acne including retina and antibiotics doesn't help.

I have oily skin and large pores I get cystic acne sometimes and breakout in puss filled zits and it's always where my whiteheads are. I was on trinessa birth control (was on it forever but just kept making acne worse) but recently switched to ortho tri cyclen... heard brand name is way better... ( im about two weeks in)

I wash with cetaphil gel and my clarasonic twice a day. I just bought two products from paulas choice

-resist weekly treatment 10% aha

-resist bha 9 for stubborn imperfections

I guess my question would be: have any of you Guys had similar skin to mine? Used ortho or paulas choice products and seen results with nasty clogged pores??? Please help I'm desperate for clear skin and any comments back would be greatly appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@magicclear13)

Posted : 09/20/2015 1:42 am

Never actually heard of that med or chemical , But I do say its a tuff job keeping the skin clear of oily build-up, its one of the most popular plugging system to acne breakouts, not sure you have read my post, but find something that will keep the oily skin at bay. Heres my method to getting rid of my issue. May not work for everyone, but worth a try, and not that expensive, not as much as BP would cost .

My post is up above you , look for my Pic

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:01 pm

Ive heard good things about the pc bha. Unfortunately it didnt do it for me, and I used it for months. The aha makes a big difference for me though! I highly recommend that.
But using the clarisonic twice a day..it doesnt cause more irritation? All the exfoiliators AND that harsh brush, idk that could cause acne in itself. Irritation=acne for some, including myself. When I switched to just washing with my hands, a lot of the smaller pimples went away