Notifications
Clear all

What Are These?! Scars? Red Marks, Pigmentation? Help Please

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 08/24/2015 10:58 am

Okay so I am trying to get rid of these marks but I don't know what they are, any help would be appreciated and what to do to help get rid of them thanks

post-454038-0-14755600-1440431878.jpg

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:15 am

It looks like slight scarring but it also appears as though you have some deep blackheads going on which aren't allowing the skin to heal. I think if you take a reaaaaally long shower, or do the old 'towel covering head over a pot of hot water' you can open up the pores and try to squeeze them out. Make sure you use hand sanitizer on your hands beforehand to kill the bacteria, then gently try pushing the blackheads out with your fingers. If they are stubborn and don't seem to come out, do not force it, you will break the skin and then create scabs and further redness. Always try to be slow and patient. It may take a few sessions until they finally become loose enough to push out.

EDIT: a word

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:34 am

It looks like slight scarring but it also appears as though you have some deep blackheads going on which aren't allowing the skin to heal. I think if you take a reaaaaally long shower, or do the old 'towel covering head over a pot of hot water' you can open up the pores and try to squeeze them out. Make sure you use hand sanitizer on your hands beforehand to kill the bacteria, then gently try pushing the blackheads out with your fingers. If they are stubborn and don't seem to come out, do not force it, you will break the skin and then create scabs and further redness. Always try to be slow and patient. It may take a few sessions until they finally become loose enough to push out.

Thanks, but i dont think i have any blackheads in this photo, those black dots are just my pores and are smooth and feel like normal skin, nothing like blackheads so i am confused

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:49 am

Thanks, but i dont think i have any blackheads in this photo, those black dots are just my pores and are smooth and feel like normal skin, nothing like blackheads so i am confused

Well, I have a lot of blackheads and while they seem to feel smooth to the touch, when I actually squeeze the skin the contents start purging outwards and it's usually yellow in colour. I know photos don't tell the whole story and I could be completely wrong (especially since lighting plays a factor in images) but judging from that photo it looks like some of your pores are blocked. Not all black heads are huge black inflamed dots, some blackheads are more mild but some of the skin looks red and not red in the sense as post-breakout, it looks more aggressive as though it's clogged. Sorry if I have cause any offense.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:04 pm

It appears to be hyper pigmentation. When acne reduces it leaves redness and these marks do take awhile to go away. The redness will fade slowly but you have to be patient and make sure to wear sunscreen in order to make sure the redness doesn't last longer.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 08/24/2015 10:03 pm

yeah its just hyper-pigmentation in my opinion. Like the previous poster stated, apply sunscreen if going out into the sun and let time do its thing. some of mine took months to fade away. Although it really just depended on the severity of the cyst that I had. Currently waiting on two on my jawline that look just like this to fade and sadly it seems it is going to take a pretty good amount of time for them to disappear. Anything is better than the indented scaring I can tell you that for sure.