Notifications
Clear all

Epsom Salt Stopped Working- Help!

MemberMember
(@futuramaster)

Posted : 08/19/2015 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

A little background on my situation - I am currently in my fourth month of taking Spironolactone, and lately my face has turned into an oil slick. ( weird since spiro is supposed to reduce oil production, not increase it ) so far I havent really seen any improvement but I am remaining hopeful.

About three weeks ago I started using Epsom salt as a toner twice a day. I mix 1tsp of salt with 2 table spoons of water, wipe on my face with a cotton pad and apply moisturizer overtop this worked AMAZINGLY well at keeping the oil away all day. I thought I had stumbled on a miracle. My face was slowly clearing up and everything was looking great.

Well, suddenly this has stopped working and I am back to looking like a mirror and my cystic acne has come back with a vengeance. I currenty have two deep cysts and 3 smaller pimples invading my left cheek.

Has anyone experienced this or know WHY this might be happening? I am desperate.

Cheers,

-Amy

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 08/30/2015 2:50 am

I mean if it isn't making your skin worse, (you would have known by now), then you may as well keep using it in the background to see if this is just a little speed bump. A blemish/cyst/whatever ya wanna call it can lurk under your skin for more than three weeks before it shows up on your face, so if this isn't making you break out then i'd say give it a few more weeks before you call it quits.

On the other hand, its weird how something can help so much and the not work, I used sulfur soap about two months ago and for the whole first month my skin as 95% clear, it was amazing, and then bam, just completely stopped working all together.

Here's hoping your skin is just purging!! :)