Notifications
Clear all

Need Help Out Of Options.

MemberMember
(@steve-dillanger)

Posted : 08/19/2015 11:36 am

Hello. I've had acne since I was 15. I'm 20 now and my acne has only changed abit. Instead of huge whiteheads all over. Now it's just on my jawline. And my checks are smoother but it looks like under the skin acne, also my face is a lil red. I've been in the army for a year now and I thought my chinstrap is what's gave me acne. But I' haven't had to use my chinstrap in 3 months and it's getting worst. Ive tried pro active. I've tried random cleaners and don't seem to work. Just wanna see if anybody has acne like mine and knows a solution. Thanks. post-485778-0-74150700-1440002030.jpgpost-485778-0-35809900-1440002016.jpgpost-485778-0-16435700-1440002005.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/19/2015 12:44 pm

out of interest, us or uk army? only ask because im interested in joining up but stressing about my skin. i understand they dont like people with skin problems.

a lot of people will give you different advice but in my option i would consider vitamins & avoiding any harsh chemicals on your skin.

in regards to vitamins some highly recommend zinc, vitamin c & vitamin d (avoid multivitamins)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/19/2015 5:21 pm

it's not cystic but it's pervasive, and I get the frustration trust me...looks like it would respond well to a topical, what do you wash with and treat with am and pm?

MemberMember
(@uncledrew3)

Posted : 08/19/2015 5:31 pm

I had this same type of acne and I cleared it by avoiding any harsh chemicals and just cleansing with water. The skincare products are what caused my breakouts. Yours looks like it will take 3-4 weeks to clear.

MemberMember
(@1965er)

Posted : 08/22/2015 10:23 pm

Hello. I've had acne since I was 15. I'm 20 now and my acne has only changed abit. Instead of huge whiteheads all over. Now it's just on my jawline. And my checks are smoother but it looks like under the skin acne, also my face is a lil red. I've been in the army for a year now and I thought my chinstrap is what's gave me acne. But I' haven't had to use my chinstrap in 3 months and it's getting worst. Ive tried pro active. I've tried random cleaners and don't seem to work. Just wanna see if anybody has acne like mine and knows a solution. Thanks. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hardly have pimples since young lest talk about acne. Every day, like some of the members here are doing, I wash my face with water only. I rarely consume fried stuffs so may be that's also one of the reasons. (I've also been through the army for 2.5 years but that was 30+ years ago.)

I read threads of others here and began asking the people around me. It could be the toxins deep in the pores. And you may have to work on it at cellular level. However, it could also be the stress from your job in the army!?

MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 08/23/2015 11:25 pm

I would recommend Onexton. You will need a prescription for it, it's a benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical that's fairly new to the market. My son has similar acne to yours, small red bumps that were very persistent. Onexton is the only thing he's tried (and he's tried just about everything) that has worked well, and quickly. In less than a month he has no active acne. Very happy with it.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:30 am

Everyone's gonna have a different opinion here but have you considered cutting out dairy products like milk, butter, yogurt, ice cream, cheese? I say this because as someone with cystic acne who also had A LOT of white heads and pimples, cutting out dairy stopped those "smaller" breakouts. I still get hormonal cysts which are very deep and painful but the smaller stuff around my cheeks/jawline/chin reduced significantly after cutting that stuff out.

Also using a witch hazel toner at night time helped reduce redness for me, so maybe consider using that after using a mild face wash, preferrably with tea tree oil (unless you're allergic to it).

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/26/2015 12:20 pm

I had this same type of acne and I cleared it by avoiding any harsh chemicals and just cleansing with water. The skincare products are what caused my breakouts. Yours looks like it will take 3-4 weeks to clear.

Did you really just clean with water? I have similar acne not quite as bad as the picture but theres still a lot. I don't use any harsh chemicals or cleansers targeted towards acne but I use CeraVe which is more of a general cleanser (it's very gentle for my skin) do you think thats good for me? It seems to be working but im not sure.

MemberMember
(@uncledrew3)

Posted : 08/26/2015 5:39 pm

Did you really just clean with water? I have similar acne not quite as bad as the picture but theres still a lot. I don't use any harsh chemicals or cleansers targeted towards acne but I use CeraVe which is more of a general cleanser (it's very gentle for my skin) do you think thats good for me? It seems to be working but im not sure.

Yeah, I just cleaned my face once a day with water without touching or scrubbing my face. I just let water run down my face in the shower. I've been washing with just water for a little over a month and although I still have a couple whiteheads my skin tone looks a lot healthier, smoother, and is healing very nicely. I posted a timeline of my progress on another thread: "The simple truth behind breakouts". My acne was really similar to the one in the picture. Notice how there is some redness in the skin and that it looks a bit uneven. The redness is a sign that the skin has been stripped of its moisture barrier and is irritated. Therefore washing with water soothes the skin and allows it to repair the damage.

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/26/2015 9:24 pm

Yeah, I just cleaned my face once a day with water without touching or scrubbing my face. I just let water run down my face in the shower. I've been washing with just water for a little over a month and although I still have a couple whiteheads my skin tone looks a lot healthier, smoother, and is healing very nicely. I posted a timeline of my progress on another thread: "The simple truth behind breakouts". My acne was really similar to the one in the picture. Notice how there is some redness in the skin and that it looks a bit uneven. The redness is a sign that the skin has been stripped of its moisture barrier and is irritated. Therefore washing with water soothes the skin and allows it to repair the damage.

Wow! This is something I will definitely try, I cut out products with harsh chemicals and that made a big difference. I still clean my face once a day with a gentle soap though. I don't really think that it's irritating my skin but I will look into it. Do you think it will improve scarring as well?

MemberMember
(@steve-dillanger)

Posted : 08/27/2015 8:00 pm

Hello. I've had acne since I was 15. I'm 20 now and my acne has only changed abit. Instead of huge whiteheads all over. Now it's just on my jawline. And my checks are smoother but it looks like under the skin acne, also my face is a lil red. I've been in the army for a year now and I thought my chinstrap is what's gave me acne. But I' haven't had to use my chinstrap in 3 months and it's getting worst. Ive tried pro active. I've tried random cleaners and don't seem to work. Just wanna see if anybody has acne like mine and knows a solution. Thanks. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow! This is something I will definitely try, I cut out products with harsh chemicals and that made a big difference. I still clean my face once a day with a gentle soap though. I don't really think that it's irritating my skin but I will look into it. Do you think it will improve scarring as well?

Okay sorry I've been in the field last two weeks. And I've tried the just water and it helps for sometimes. But I still have redness. Like you said my skin is uneven. So today I'm gonna start the water only and take zinc vitamins once a day. But we will see. I feel like it's something internal cuz I'll get breakouts in random spots. Like if I get a pimple on my cheek it will be on the exact same place as the other check. Like shit I got a small one on my ear now. Something isn't right. And my face is pinkish and is uneven. I' stopped eating dairy and all that years ago. I can't seem to figure it out

it's not cystic but it's pervasive, and I get the frustration trust me...looks like it would respond well to a topical, what do you wash with and treat with am and pm?

Just water latley.

MemberMember
(@kkfourtyseven)

Posted : 08/27/2015 9:47 pm

>

Okay sorry I've been in the field last two weeks. And I've tried the just water and it helps for sometimes. But I still have redness. Like you said my skin is uneven. So today I'm gonna start the water only and take zinc vitamins once a day. But we will see. I feel like it's something internal cuz I'll get breakouts in random spots. Like if I get a pimple on my cheek it will be on the exact same place as the other check. Like shit I got a small one on my ear now. Something isn't right. And my face is pinkish and is uneven. I' stopped eating dairy and all that years ago. I can't seem to figure it out

Just water latley.

What temperature do you take your showers at? I've been taking pretty cold showers and its helping the redness on my face, my skin glows after a nice cold shower. And if that isn't your thing, try lukewarm/room temperature water instead of anything too hot. It may be a bit uncomfortable but definitely worth a try.

MemberMember
(@steve-dillanger)

Posted : 08/28/2015 11:06 am

>

>

Just water latley.

What temperature do you take your showers at? I've been taking pretty cold showers and its helping the redness on my face, my skin glows after a nice cold shower. And if that isn't your thing, try lukewarm/room temperature water instead of anything too hot. It may be a bit uncomfortable but definitely worth a try.

ok thanks I'll try that