Notifications
Clear all

Is There Anything Obviously Wrong With My Skincare Routine?

MemberMember
(@lauren98)

Posted : 08/17/2015 3:35 pm

Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could give me feedback on the skincare routine I have!

In the morning I use 1. oil cleanser 2. face wash 3. Gentle moisturising toner 4. Moisturiser 5. Suncream

At night I use 1. oil cleanser 2. face wash 3. face scrub (for everyday use) 4. Gentle moisturising toner 5. AHA serum 6. Face oil 7. Spot treatment 8. Sleeping mask

Every few days I use a clay mask and a sudocreme mask.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or should be adding in?

Note: I don't like using BP. I also use a lot of moisturising products because my skin is actually quite dry and has uneven skin tone. I also am taking yasmin, I'm cutting out sugar and I take a potent multivitamin

Any comments would be really appreciated! :)

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/17/2015 5:04 pm

Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could give me feedback on the skincare routine I have!

In the morning I use 1. oil cleanser 2. face wash 3. Gentle moisturising toner 4. Moisturiser 5. Suncream

At night I use 1. oil cleanser 2. face wash 3. face scrub (for everyday use) 4. Gentle moisturising toner 5. AHA serum 6. Face oil 7. Spot treatment 8. Sleeping mask

Note: I don't like using BP. I also use a lot of moisturising products because my skin is actually quite dry and has uneven skin tone. I also am taking yasmin, I'm cutting out sugar and I take a potent multivitamin

IMO thats over the top but if thats what you want to stick to, i would differently recommend double checking all your products your using as some might be to harsh for acne prone skin.

in my experience to much sudocrem can block pores and cause acne & some mulitivitamins cause acne breakouts -

MemberMember
(@lauren98)

Posted : 08/17/2015 6:42 pm

That is a complicated routine. What is the oil cleanser for? I assume it's for removing makeup. Also, what spot treatment do you use, and what are your skin-care goals?

1. Toner isn't necessary
  2. I'd get rid of the face scrub

Yeah, the oil cleanser is for removing makeup. I've been converted to double cleansing and it's made a big difference to my skin.

The toner I'm using is a popular one in Japan that's meant to be super calming, but I guess it might be a bit OTT. Are there any disadvantages to using the toner?

Ok, I'll get rid of the face scrub. Thanks!

The spot treatment I use is trilogy blemish control gel.

My ultimate skin-care goal would be to clear all my acne, and get rid of all my red marks (I'm extremely pale, so they seem to stay forever), and the slightly indented scars I have. Another issue I have is that my skin looks quite dull. I would love my skin to be dewy and glowing, and I think the face oil and night mask is definitely helping with that.

IMO thats over the top but if thats what you want to stick to, i would differently recommend double checking all your products your using as some might be to harsh for acne prone skin.

in my experience to much sudocrem can block pores and cause acne & some mulitivitamins cause acne breakouts -

It seems a bit much, but after living in Asia for the past year I've started doing the whole Korean skincare routine, which involves lots of gentle products. So far it has made a difference in how healthy my skin looks.

I think most of the products I use are quite gentle. The only item I would be concerned about is the face wash (and the scrub of course, which I think I will start leaving out). I use neutrogena visibly clear 2 in 1 wash because it has kaolin and salicylic acid, but I'm wondering if maybe I would be better going for a gentler one that is PH balanced.

MemberMember
(@kpoplover123)

Posted : 08/21/2015 1:12 am

I like your routine, only because I use the Korean skincare routine myself and it has cleared up my terrible acne quite wonderfully. May I ask what face oil you use? I've found that Nature Republic's aloe Vera has help me a lot. Also, is the toner you are using from Hada Labo? I believe Asian toners are absolutely necessary, unlike Western toners.

MemberMember
(@lauren98)

Posted : 08/25/2015 9:24 am

I like your routine, only because I use the Korean skincare routine myself and it has cleared up my terrible acne quite wonderfully. May I ask what face oil you use? I've found that Nature Republic's aloe Vera has help me a lot. Also, is the toner you are using from Hada Labo? I believe Asian toners are absolutely necessary, unlike Western toners.

The oil I use is the pink kose softymo speedy cleansing oil, and the Naris up skin conditioner (which is quite similar to the hado labo one I think). I like the toner because it makes my skin feel less tight after using a clay mask. I used to use the nature republic aloe vera (the one in the big green pot) and I thought it was quite good, but I couldn't fit it in my bag when I moved back from Asia so I had to leave it. I don't think my skin has deteriorated from not using it though.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 09/05/2015 6:36 pm

You need to chill a bit.

I think you're over cleasning your face, and yes you CAN over cleanse your face.

Going natural for me hasnt cured my acne, however its made my skin stronger and less prone to break outs.

Toner really isnt necessary and ive found that when i cut my toner out, my skin became 1000 times better!!

Good luck!

I have a very relatable story as well. I've as well tried converting to 100% natural skin care, but I simply don't have enough money to sacrifice for all the products I need. (plus it's a lot easier to spend 5 dollars than 30 or 40 for something that does the same thing)

I would also suggest to limit all the products that you use. Using all of those products at once isn't very good for your skin.

Hope all goes well! :)