Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline

MemberMember
(@tenaciouswick)

Posted : 07/31/2015 8:34 am

So I am 31..... yay.... and I have hormonal acne. Finally broke down and went to my dr. She gave me birth control, one month of 100mg minocycline twice daily, differin for night and benzaclin for day and Cetaphil wash. Everything is great except the minocycline. It feels like I'm on a tilt a whirl all day long. Day 3 and I want to just stop!!! However I'm reading vague reviews that it may stop after the first week, something about drinking lots of water will stop it as well. My acne isn't terrible, but it's enough to seek medical attention for. I only have it on the lower sides of my face. And it's mainly cystic acne, milia and then I pick at blackheads due to clogged pores. So no outroght yellow zits from bacteria. Any advice would be amazing please and thank you.

MemberMember
(@rblhws)

Posted : 07/31/2015 9:41 am

Dizziness is normal. It should go away after about a week. Stick with it.

MemberMember
(@mels23)

Posted : 08/02/2015 1:38 pm

When I was taking mino a few years ago my derm told me that I could take it with a small piece of bread or crackers to help relieve the dizziness. Like others said, after a week or so it shouldn't affect you as much. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@ghenderson12)

Posted : 08/03/2015 1:36 am

Make sure you take it after a meal! I made the mistake last night of taking it with only a light snack and I felt nauseous for a while. Drinking a full glass of water with it supposedly helps, too.