Notifications
Clear all

Done 2 Courses Of Accutane And Worried Acne Will Come Back

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 07/21/2015 2:40 pm

Hello

I'm a 22 year old male who has just finished my second course of accutane 6 months ago, luckily i havent had any major breakouts yet but my nose blackheads have came back and my oily skin has came back but not as bad but i am scared that as the months go on my skin will get oilier and the major breakouts will follow. Im researching and trying everything, i don't eat anything with high sugar, i only drink water, eat loads of fruits and veg, no milk, exercise few times a week,

Im taking vitamins i think will help my skin and its oil. Vitamin A - 8000iu, Vitamins C -1000mg, Vitamin D3 500iu and a Mulitvitamin called Aplhaman ( http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/alpha-men/10530421.html ) Can i take anymore to help me?

I currently Cetaphil Oily Facewash in the morning, then throughout the day i use Clearasil Oil Absorbing Sheets to blot away the oil maybe 2-3 times a day then on the night i use Garnier Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Face Wash. Few times a week i use Proactiv Sulfur mask too.

I really want to reduce the oil on my face, can anyone improve what im doing or have any suggestions? I've read that a long term low accutane can achieve this but i dont think many derms would prescribe this

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 07/28/2015 12:30 pm

Anyone please?

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/28/2015 12:33 pm

So moisturizing your face can actually be beneficial to your oily skin. It gets rid of all dry skin and also gives your body the moisture it needs in order to not produce excessive oil.

Find a good moisturizer that is non-comodegenic as well as oil free.

(Aveeno is what I use)

Aveeno: http://www.aveeno.com/product/mobile/aveeno+daily+moisturizing+lotion.do?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Body+-+Branded+-+DML&utm_term=aveeno%20body%20moisturizer&utm_content=Daily+Moisturizing+-+General%7Cmkwid%7CsIgcaSyX6_dm%7Cpcrid%7C85483104308

And use it after you cleanse 2x a day.

Best wishes,

WadeX

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 08/03/2015 12:25 pm

Im very skeptical of using moisturizer because it makes my skin feel even more oilier, i do see the point of if i use it it'll protect it and might not produce more oil but ive tired it in the past and it didnt work.