Notifications
Clear all

Back/chest/stomach Pih On Pale Caucasian Skin?

MemberMember
(@hanleybeingmannybeingmanny)

Posted : 07/20/2015 10:26 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm now 20 and know so so so much better, but between 16 and 19 years old, I developed a bad habit of popping pimples on my back/shoulders. As such, I now have red marks all over my back and shoulder blades (and to a less extent, my stomach, though there are really only three red marks there). I know that it's been pretty bad for at least a year becasue prior to that I had no hesistancy in taking off my shirt to go swimming in the summer.

I have pale white skin, which is notable because I've read that PIH is less common among people with that skin type.

Do you have any recommednations for what can fade this and fade/erase the PIH?

Thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@iveyyoda)

Posted : 07/21/2015 10:53 pm

If its red, it sounds like active acne. I've seen white people/ light skin asian people with red back and shoulder acne. I think the best course of action for you is to try acne org's regimen treatment(see this website menu bar for more information) for few months on a consistent basis. Also check your diet, at this stage in your life you should have a general idea of what food causes break out for you and what doesnt. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hanleybeingmannybeingmanny)

Posted : 07/22/2015 9:37 am

Thank you, Ivey!