Notifications
Clear all

Finally Going On The The Tane, Any Thoughts

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 07/13/2015 7:20 pm

So after trying everything and never having much scarring i cared about till last year, I'm deciding to go on accutane. Will be getting it next month and I am finally ready to say good bye to this dam disease - scars upset me but my good looks and humour make up for for that :P

Has anyone had any luck with scar reduction while on accutane, my scars are a year old (the ones I even car about)

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 07/13/2015 9:26 pm

Just expect realistic results. Be aware that Accutane is not a permanent solution. The likelihood of acne returning after the course is fairly good. Not to get you down, just know that. You also might want to more seriously consider your decision. Accutane is an incredibly dangerous drug and IMHO it's simply not worth it.

While I have never taken Accutane, and never will, this isn't a light decision to make.

Unfortunately, there are many on these boards that are destroying their health with it as I write this. At one point, I was nearly banned from the boards and I left. I eventually decided to return because there's a message throughout that is sorely lacking: taking the fight to where it belongs - our corporatized food system that has grown all too powerful all the while irrepairably damaging people's health and that has been grounded in ruthlessness and greed. The urgency for change has never been greater.

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 07/13/2015 10:13 pm

I do understand all of that but I got to the point where I feel like I'm going to be a health risk to myself if I don't get this taken care of.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree with you that this is an agriculture issue. I am saying this based in the fact that no one in my family has ever had cystic acne or acne scars. I was the youngest individual in my family to set foot in North America, which was before puberty - I went through it in a much different way compared to them. I've been eating healthy for years but who can really say that any of these foods are healthy when you have thousands of six legged frogs spawning in Minnesota due to pesticides.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 07/15/2015 1:17 am

I see.

Yeah, at this point I'm thoroughly convinced it's an agriculture issue. And not just acne either. I've done tons of research on how these things affect us internally and it's quite appalling, to say the least. There are so many nooks and crannies that it takes looking at so many different areas to really begin to put the pieces together and make some sense of it. I swear i've got literally thousands of bookmarks in my browser that I've gone through at some point and hundreds more studies on my machine. I can't really decide at this point whether I've become convinced that GMOs are really just an exercise in eugenics. I'm definitely leaning in that direction. It's not that I'm pessimistic by nature, but I do tend to be suspect of large industries that bring in big bucks. The fact that they are so adamant about not labeling these kinds of products certainly raises good questions. Nothing really surprises me anymore, that much I can confidently say.

I mean, what's up with all this ED and infertility nowadays. It's not like chronic inflammation just popped up out of nowhere. They keep claiming that we need a "new vision for agriculture" to feed the growing population. At the rate we're going, it seems like that "solution" is to prevent that population growth.

...Monsanto was involved with chemical warfare during Vietnam... and now we're supposed to believe that they've reinvented themselves, gained a soft spot in their heart, and are now selling us healthy snacks to make the world a better place? I don't buy it. And the reason I don't buy it is because more studies that are actually honest have been pouring out, revealing just how toxic Glyphosate really is. But this is nothing new. People have suspected what has recently been validated for a long time. It's just business as usual. That's all they have ever done is produce toxic substances.

And the fact that they are allowed anywhere near Americans' food, and to profit from it, is criminal. Pictures don't lie. Look at some photos of the effects of their toxic chemicals on people's lives. Agent orange is one. That's what they really believe in, not "sustainable agriculture". Their whole thing on agriculture is nothing more than a facade, an excuse to justify continuation of their long standing tradition of manufacturing toxic chemicals.

Here's just one clip about the history of GMOs and how they were introduced into the public. Yeah... the fact that this vid only has 8,000 views is nuts. Very interesting shit. And if half the stuff this guy says is true, which it is, we are in massive trouble. It's quite long (over an hour) and he talks kind of slow but just put it on and let in run in the background or something. Listen to the whole thing: