Notifications
Clear all

Supplements & Accutane

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/12/2015 12:09 am

Hello all,

Okay so this might be a dumb question but I'm on accutane (thank god, 80mg/day) but is it okay if I take these supplemts on accutane?

-fish oil

-vitamin D3

-zinc

-psyllium husk

The reason I ask is because I don't want to limit the potentiency of accutane. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/12/2015 4:11 am

The only ones recommended to me was E and D3. They wanted me to stop everything else. Fish oil should be fine, don't know about zinc. Psyllium husk is just fiber so I don't see how that would be a problem either, I just wouldn't take it with your dose.

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/12/2015 2:23 pm

The only ones recommended to me was E and D3. They wanted me to stop everything else. Fish oil should be fine, don't know about zinc. Psyllium husk is just fiber so I don't see how that would be a problem either, I just wouldn't take it with your dose.

I gotcha. So if I take my accutane dose in the morning then I'll take my supplemts at night, would that be fine? I may just cut out everything except D3 and let accutane do its thing.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/12/2015 8:21 pm

I don't know whats really ok or not so can't say for certain. I think unless you require those supplements for non acne related reasons I would cut them out to be safe, kinda like the way they have to stop all other acne products. Will help you gauge how well it is working for you easier.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 07/24/2015 5:41 pm

I think supplements would be on an individual basis. You'd have to ask your derm!