Notifications
Clear all

Mia 2 Or Clinique Brush Or None?

MemberMember
(@adren077)

Posted : 07/06/2015 10:29 am

I have mild and sometimes moderate acne. Lately I have been researching the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush or the Clarisonic Mia 2. Both of these devices are quite a bit of money so I want to get all my facts straight before I make a big purchase. Right now I'm leaning towards the Mia 2 but I want reviews or suggestions from real acne sufferers before I go with this decision. Most of the video reviews I have been watching are made by people who do not have to deal with acne so I don't know how it will work for me. Your input is very appreciated

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 07/06/2015 11:53 am

My daughter had moderate acne and her dermatologist told her not to use her clarisonic mia brush (which she had just bought!) because he said it would most likely not help her acne and could very possibly make it worse. He said even the softest brush to use with the mia 2 can cause irritation for people who have acne and spread the bacteria around. He feels that gentle is better so she just washes her face with her hands (not even a washcloth). Her face has improved greatly (she is also using topicals he prescribed however).

Of course everyone reacts differently and it may work for you so this is just my two cents worth!

I think it is wise of you to get input from people who actually have acne rather than people who have perfect skin.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@adren077)

Posted : 07/06/2015 12:11 pm

Thank you for your response! The kind of acne that i have are these flesh colored bumps that when squeezed (I know don't pick at your face ) produce a small amount of puss. I get large pimples occasionally depending on the time of month and if something is irritating my skin or something. I also have a problem with black heads on my nose and chin. I don't know if the exfoliation from the brush would help with these problems or only make them worse. The bumps make my face very uneven and not smooth even with makeup. Do you think the brush could help get rid of those?

MemberMember
(@daniellef)

Posted : 07/23/2015 11:05 pm

I have the Mia 2.. was using it for awhile but was still breaking out. It was just making my skin smoother. My dermatologist also told me to stop using it because no matter what, the brush harbors bacteria. He told me too to not use a washcloth but use my hands while washing my face.