Notifications
Clear all

Self-Conscious And Insecure Of Our Skin

MemberMember
(@avamaria1234)

Posted : 06/30/2015 11:45 pm

I've been struggling with acne for almost 5 years. I'm going to be 16 and want to feel beautiful any chance I get. My acne is disgusting. My cheeks are awful. They are covered in bright red pimples and purple scars from my bad habit of scratching and picking my pimples and zits. I can't be the only one who knows this. I never feel beautiful I'm so insecure and I hate my face because of my cheeks, forehead, and chin. They are completely covered and its awful. My skin is so oily I sometimes have concealer wiped off just because I scratch my face or even touch it. How can I get over this awful stage and learn to love myself despite my disgusting acne?

MemberMember
(@hannahbanana011)

Posted : 07/06/2015 1:07 am

Hey there, I know exactly how you feel. I'm 19 and have always had issues with acne. 7 months ago my skin was super clear, I felt beautiful. Then out of nowhere, acne came in full force and it's been this way ever since. Waking up and looking at myself is hard to do. I don't feel like me.

But eventually, you get used to it. Try a really good benzoyl peroxide wash and wash your face with a clarisonic. And clindimycin gel works wonders. Stay strong! This won't be forever.