Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really need help figuring out what is going on with my skin.

Ever since I was a pre teen I remember having pimples on my chin, but only on my chin. I figured it was just hormones and it never really bothered me.

Then I started breaking out on my back.

Just in this past year or two, I've been experiencing a LOT of nausea and motion sickness that I never had as a child. I also feel very dizzy when I do things when I never used to have a problem even at amusement parks on every single ride. Now I can't even sit in a car for 10 mins without feeling sick.

To this day, I have WORSE acne on my face AND back. I now get cystic acne acne all over my chin, lower cheeks, and back. Around my mouth also.

What can be going on with me? Is it hormones getting worse? A food intolerance that is getting worse? I'm so lost. Please help. :(

Edited by Trina6241

Sounds like hormones. Have you tried omega 3's? Cod liver oil has natural vitamin a and d in it and will balance hormones. It could be a food allergy but try cod liver oil first! Garlic capsules also do wonders too as it is a natural anti bacterial! Good luck! Cheers

Hi Trina,

Your cystic acne and the location where you get them indicates a hormonal issue. I would consider taking birth control such as YAZ to treat your issue internally. I am currently using it, and my cysts are clearing up quickly.

As for your other symptoms, I would consider getting a general blood test done. There are so many health issues that relate to your symptoms so it is difficult to give you an accurate answer. I think an appointment with your doctor is your best bet !

Maybe your body is lacking something so you can consider taking a multi-vitamin.

If you are very stressed and anxious, that can cause a lot of uncomfortable symptoms too.

Hi Trina,

Your cystic acne and the location where you get them indicates a hormonal issue. I would consider taking birth control such as YAZ to treat your issue internally. I am currently using it, and my cysts are clearing up quickly.

As for your other symptoms, I would consider getting a general blood test done. There are so many health issues that relate to your symptoms so it is difficult to give you an accurate answer. I think an appointment with your doctor is your best bet !

Maybe your body is lacking something so you can consider taking a multi-vitamin.

If you are very stressed and anxious, that can cause a lot of uncomfortable symptoms too.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Cheers ladypink