Notifications
Clear all

Will These Indented Acne Scars Fade ?and Fill In With Time ?

MemberMember
(@johnny31)

Posted : 05/25/2015 2:09 pm

Hey guys I had acne about 4 months ago and I'm clear now but still has a lot of redness and indented scarring ,would the indented Scars fade and fill in over time ? I'm only 16 post-470473-0-36619700-1432580881_thumb.

post-470473-0-50053200-1432580871_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/23/2015 11:05 pm

It's hard to say but I know that it takes up to a yr for indented scars to heal so if they are still there in a year then they are most likely permanent.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 06/24/2015 2:21 am

No, Most likely not as once it's indented it's most likely permanent scarring & they get worst with time as each year you get older you lose a bit of Collagen(year by year) from your skin as that's the natural aging process. You do though have lots of options now to reduce your scarring to help fight it from getting more visible with time.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:22 am

Your body has done its job, there is no reason for it to change your scars. Once a wound heals your body is satisfied. It is up to you to try to improve your scars.

MemberMember
(@amicus)

Posted : 06/24/2015 8:13 am

As the other posters have replied, indented scars do not get better with time, normally. This is because the damage is at a deep level. Also an issue you need to consider is that some of your problem areas are in close proximity to one another, meaning there is a chance they will bridge.

Take it from my experience, the sooner you begin to get them treated is the better. There are many options for you. A series of 1540 fraxels might do the trick because your marks are still red, meaning they have not completed the healing process yet and you have a darker skin tone. That laser doesn't ablate the surface and works below the skin where the real damage is. Find a reputable dermatologist that works with acne scarring. Sometimes you can find great deals on Groupon for fraxel and microneedling treatments.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/24/2015 11:35 am

Hmmm that's strange because I had a whole bunch of indented scars and most of them filled in but it took about a year. This was before I discovered dermarolling and never used anything on them. I did research and read that natural healing of acne scars can take up to a year. My dermatologist confirmed it. But, like I said before, it depends on your skin and rate of healing. They may fill in or they might not. Some of mine remained so dermarolling helped some and now I am searching for ways to get rid of the rest.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/24/2015 11:38 am

Red acne scars are still healing sometimes. I agree with above post. However there's always a chance that they don't heal correctly, as as a result a scar will be left. But there's many things you can do to improve them, and lots of those things can be started right now.

MemberMember
(@johnny31)

Posted : 08/11/2015 9:02 am

What kind of scarring are these ? Are they shallow ? Are they bad ,I plan on dermarollingpost-470473-0-98294600-1439301771.jpg

MemberMember
(@sheroki)

Posted : 08/11/2016 9:26 am

On 6/24/2015 at 10:05 PM, Dermarolling Girl said:

Hmmm that's strange because I had a whole bunch of indented scars and most of them filled in but it took about a year. This was before I discovered dermarolling and never used anything on them. I did research and read that natural healing of acne scars can take up to a year. My dermatologist confirmed it. But, like I said before, it depends on your skin and rate of healing. They may fill in or they might not. Some of mine remained so dermarolling helped some and now I am searching for ways to get rid of the rest.

do you yhink this car could heal?IMG_20160625_001254.JPG