Notifications
Clear all

Hole In My Face After Picking Pimple Please Help

MemberMember
(@kelly4444577)

Posted : 05/18/2015 11:17 am

I had a pimple on my face and I continued to pop it and pick at it (I know that's absolutely horrible now) and everything online said to dry it out so I put baking soda toothpaste on it. Then, I woke up the next morning and my pimple was literally just white skin. So for 3 straight days, I have been loading it with Vaseline...and now there is a legitment HOLE in my face. And to top it off, it's smack in the middle of my forehead and it looks almost as if it's a cigarette burn. That's how bad it is, just a deep hole. ANY suggestions of the quickest way to heal it and have the skin grow back? I have a dermotalogist appt. tomorrow but I have school and I am beyond embarassed. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 05/18/2015 1:13 pm

Sadly, these are pretty permanent. It's like that because of loss of tissue under the skin and not because the skin isn't growing back. I have a few so I know now never ever pick scabs. You could try massaging oil into it for like 15 minutes a day and see if that doesn't help stimulate collagen growth and if that doesn't work maybe look into dermarolling. But really, there's no products that can really fix that. On the bright side, at least it's on your forehead where you can have bangs cover it if you wanted.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 05/18/2015 1:30 pm

I had one in high school the size of the bottom of a cup on my forehead! And my skin was dark, and the wound was white, so you can imagine how mortifying that was! I had to go everyday, and I couldn't skip because I was in trouble and the court said I had to be there. It was so bad, I thought it might leave a permanent wound. But it healed eventually. You can still kinda see where it was cause it's slightly brighter from the right angle.

Don't worry! It may go away if you stop messing with it.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 05/18/2015 5:55 pm

I'm sorry to say but yeah that hole will be a permanent ice pick or worse, a boxcar scar. I know it sucks but unfortunately we all learned it the hard way. Never pick at active pimples, and never pick at a scab from a pimple, just let it fall off on its own. Anyways don't do that again, you DO NOT want more acne scars! Acne can go away but acne scars are forever.

If it becomes a icepick scar there's alot of treatments to fix it like TCA cross, which can be done by yourself if you know what you're doing. But boxcars requires surgery to take them out.