Notifications
Clear all

Is It Possible To Remove All/most Scarring?

MemberMember
(@ashleyv)

Posted : 05/14/2015 5:58 pm

Hi all,

I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with my scars for a really long time and I just see them getting worse rather than better with time.

Ultimately, my scars are my BIGGEST insecurity!!! I'm starting college in August and I want to have a fresh start but I feel like I won't be able to with my the condition my skin is in at the moment

What can I do about these scars? I thought that with time my skin would level but I haven't seen many changes...it's been almost 9 months since I got off accutane which I think is what really messed up my skin (scarring wise)

I haven't done laser, only one microdermabrasion session that was really light

Big thanks

post-208907-0-56169000-1431644305_thumb.

post-208907-0-43241800-1431644314_thumb.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/14/2015 6:07 pm

Subcision suction, check out my blog. 70% improvement and some scars never came back. I'm 100% positive it will do wonders for your scarring

I'm also starting college in August :)

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 05/15/2015 2:46 am

As the previous poster stated subcision would probably work well on those scars. I wouldn't say scars are completely reversible, but you can certainly get 70-90% improvement. If they are bothering you you should get to a dermatologist who can hopefully set you on the right path.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 05/15/2015 3:19 pm

Microdermabrasion is kind of joke to be honest. Subcision plus suction is your best bet, and then some kind of resurfacing treatment to really tighten and smooth any remaining texture. As others have said, it's possible to get 70% + improvement, but it's also important to keep your expectations realistic. I think subcision and suctioning would give you great results.

MemberMember
(@ashleyv)

Posted : 05/15/2015 8:12 pm

Thanks everyone! I will definitely see if I can make an appointment with my dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/15/2015 9:53 pm

Your young and have collagen on your side. Try subcision followed by very light peels and some sort of needling. Copper peptides after treatments. I think you will have good improvement. Remember scars get worse w age and sun exposure. You will most likely need to keep a regimen for life to keep scars at bay!! Your beautiful...youll do great. Good luck with studies!

missamua liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/16/2015 12:56 am

Also, if you got microdermabrasion from a dermatologist office I would go to another clinic. Any clinic that tries to offer you microdermabrasion for acne scarring cannot be taken seriously. They clearly are not being honest, because microdermabrasion is just a basic spa treatment and not a real medical procedure.

MemberMember
(@alouette)

Posted : 05/24/2015 9:28 am

You can definitely improve that a lot. :)