Should I Use The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I Use The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@jodine812)

Posted : 05/10/2015 9:09 pm

Hi, I am new to this website and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the regimen would be good for me. I have a pretty normal skin type not too dry or oily, however recently I have been getting acne that is mild but still very frustrating for me because I can't find anything that really helps. It is predominately on my forehead, small red bumps around my forehead however lately I've been getting more and more small red bumps/spots on my cheeks near my eyes and nose. I used a new mask 2 days ago that I think might have caused this flare-up. But my forehead acne has been very stubborn and annoying for a few months now.

I want to use the regimen after hearing so many positive things but I worry that it will cause severe drying and flaking on my face because it's not very oily, and my acne isn't very bad. Please let me know what you think. And if you think the regimen wouldn't be right for me, is there anything you can recommend?

I also was wondering (for those of you who used the regimen or know a lot about it) when your skin is clear after using it, do you switch back to "normal" products? Would your skin become bad again? How do you know when you can do this? I was just wondering :)

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 05/13/2015 11:44 am

You won't know unless you try it. I went through MANY different routines/products before finally giving the regimen a shot and it has been the best regimen I've used so far in my 12-13 years [god...] dealing with acne. It does dry you out, you have to take baby steps with BP if you decide to, and moisturizer is KEY to keep flaking/redness down.

If you do find success in the regimen its best to keep up with it, there are some posts from people trying to ween off after getting clear, you may want to look into if you're curious.

Forehead acne, just a thought - does your hair cover your forehead at all? that can keep oil buildup there. How often do you change your pillowcase?