I Cant Seem To Rid ...

Notifications
Clear all

I Cant Seem To Rid My Acne!

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 05/10/2015 10:20 pm

So ive been struggling with cystic acne most of my teenage years and Im still having trouble to this day. I guess im just looking for advice (new to the forum) since ive tried a LOT of different methods.

I tried exposed acne treatment a couple months ago, and for the first time in years my skin cleared for two weeks until i started to break out again. My regime was salyctic acid gel and clearing - morning, and BP at night with the clearing tonic, after i cleaned with their cleanser of course. I don't know why it just stopped working so suddenly. I actually thought it was going to be for good this time but there always seems to be a new one popping up every day. Ive also tried Neutrogena products and lerosett but neither seem to work for me...

Im very strict on my regime and i stick to these rules 99% of the time:

Wash sheets once a week or more

Wash pillow case every night

I rarely touch my face throughout the entire day (handful of times.)

Extremely Gentle when washing my face and applying product

Very cautious when changing shirts not to rub it against my face

Religiously wash my face twice a day (no more, no less)

I eat very well, home cooked meals, very little sugar throughout the day, and drink ONLY water.

Any other ideas on what i can do to help heal my face and rid my acne? I recently switched to Dans products (week and a half so far, my skin seems to react VERY fast to products so i know right away if they are working or not.) and it doesn't seem like its working (almost made it worse) but not having salyctic acid in it makes me very skeptical because it seems to help a lot for me. BP also has its benefits too though.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 05/13/2015 11:37 am

We all know what it's like going through product after product, routine after routine, hoping: this will be it! and then the fast disappointment upon realizing, 'well maybe next time'. As far as your daily actions of y'know not toucing your face and drinking only water, etc that's great; as far as the regimen, definitely takes time. It took me a while to see results and though I definitely breakout less, I still occasionally have a hormonal and/or stress breakout. It's only been a week maybe 2 at this point for you, give it more time, 3 months is best, make adjustments if need be...less BP, more moisturizer, or more drying time. I sincerely hope the regimen helps you like it has helped me and so many others here. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!