Notifications
Clear all

Closed Comedones

MemberMember
(@xscrapster)

Posted : 05/09/2015 6:32 am

Hiya, wondering if anyone can help me at all

I had a huge comedonal break out at the start of the year all over my t zone. My issue is that each and every comedone is one by one becoming inflamed, coming to a head, then leaving an unsightly red mark.

Does anyone know what may help blitz these closed comedones? I mean they are slowly all going but the process is quite nasty and there are still 100's left!

I'm aware that acids and retinoids are used but I'm confused where to start and I've heard some horror stories from users.

Would some kind of heavy chemical peel help to bring them all out?

Thanks in advance. Any questions, just ask :)

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/11/2015 8:29 am

I'm extremely sorry to say this, but as a old sufferer of a severe case of closed comedones, in order to them to disappear, most of the time they transform into a infected pimple or simply come into surface and fall off, like a black head.

You could have them extracted by a professional (a good one), and that should help a lot. But also use a topical like Retin A, from what i've read it helps a lot with closed and open comedones, in order to keep them back of appearing again.

If you want to try a chemical peel you should definitely go for a Salicylic acid one, because it penetrates deep into your pores, cleaning all the junk.

Don't let comedonal acne follow its way, because i had to take Accutane due to not treating it in the past ! (had +300 on my face, and probably +200 between my back and chest,that became infected)