Notifications
Clear all

I Am 17 Years I Got Acne, Acne Scar

MemberMember
(@yerol3)

Posted : 05/08/2015 12:20 pm

I am 17 yrs. I am an Asian so my English is not well. I try to do exactly as wikihow "get rid of acne" but still geting acne. I have acne on forehead and left cheek but now i got some acne on my right cheek too. I use Vasaline Anti-acne and moturizer Vasaline oil control. I clean my face and moisturi twice a days (in the morning and night). I eat some junk food but not too much and i sleep about 6,5h a days. I live in polluted city. I do exercise but not every day. And i am not sure i pop acne in the right way or not. At least how to get rid of acne scar?. Every advice will be apprentice.

MemberMember
(@belladonna16)

Posted : 05/09/2015 6:20 pm

WikiHow might not be the most 100% effective method to use since (as I find) it shows the very basic methods to get rid of acne. Sadly the basic methods only seem to work well for a handful of people while others have to create more "complex" regimes. There are a few things to consider before you start treating your skin though, such as if your skin is oily, combination, normal, or dry. Does your skin seem to react to certain foods after you eat them? Dairy products are usually known to cause breakouts so most people try to limit their intake of them.

For your skin care, do you use a cleanser? It would be good to find one that has no fragrance to it (as it might leave your skin irritated) and is targeted to sensitive skin. Do you exfoliate your skin at all? Exfoliating can help clear up acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots, but make sure you only do it around 2 times each week as doing it more can make you skin irritated and dry. As for clearing up the acne, you could try products with benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid in them. You can buy store bought acne spot treatments with low amounts of these, but if you need something stronger you would have to go to your doctor/dermatologist. I'd actually recommend you go to a doctor/dermatologist as they can help you determine if your acne is mild, moderate, or severe and if it is hormonal etc. Once you know they can prescribe topical treatments, antibiotics, or even Accutane if your skin is more on the severe side. This is actually much, much more helpful since they try to give you a product that has around the exact strength to help clear your skin up. You don't want to use something that is too harsh on your skin when you have mild or moderate acne, nor do you want to use something with weak strength on severe acne.

You could also consider some natural routes. Apple Cider vinegar applied topically, egg white masks, salt water, etc are some of methods that quite a few people swear by. I heard that drinking green tea can help balance out hormones and speed up the healing of acne.

As for the rest, well, I'd just be cautious about the amount of junk food you eat. It's good you don't have too much, but you could try looking up some healthier alternatives you could have for snacks. You should also try drinking a lot of water rather than things such as pop or juice (if you do drink them). Water can help flush out a lot of things, and the more often you drink it the better your complexion can become. If you want to get rid of acne scars, I'd suggest using products with AHA in them or getting a peel done at a dermatologist. You could also try using lemon juice topically. Also, living in a polluted city would definitely affect your skin. It'd be sort of a challenge to try and counter that since it is where you live, so I would suggest doing some research on how you can help your skin in those circumstances.

I wish you the best of luck!